The amusing gestures of the dance are not as safe as considered. Many times the tough and difficult dance steps result into the injuries. Most common injuries among dancers are following
- Hip injuries including snapping hip syndrome, labral tears, hip flexor tendonitis, hip bursitis and sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
- Foot and ankle injuries including Achilles tendonitis, trigger toe and ankle impingement.
- Knee injuries like patellofemoral pain syndrome.
- Stress fractures including metatarsals, tibia, sesamoids and lumbar spine.
- Dancers are also at the risk of developing arthritis in the knee, hip, ankle and foot.
All types of injuries are managed by rest, proper medications which may be pain reliever or anti-inflammatory. Sometimes surgical procedure may also used.