Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Hairpin Shaped Stools

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Lahore

I have a trouble area a few inches above the navel on the left side. It feels constricted and pulsates all the time and swells up in response to many foods, which leads to fatigue, brain fog and depression. I have been on allergy & depression meds in the past. However, sometimes(a total of 5-6 times in the last few years) what has happened is that because of maintaining low stress and healthy diet for a long time, the swelling goes away, and fatigue etc literally vanish. And the first stool after swelling going away is always hairpin shaped, like a U whose two lines are touching each other. I am sure it holds the clue to the real cause of my issues and if dealt with, my symptoms will go away for good. Please tell the possible causes of hairpin stool and what should I do to investigate further. Many Thanks.

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Naeem Aftab

Asst. Prof. Dr. Naeem Aftab - Psychiatrist

MBBS, Diplomate (American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology) | Lahore

review-stars

456 Positive Reviews

Consult a gastroentrologist first .

Post Owner

Thanks for advice.

6 years ago

Vascular Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman - Vascular Surgeon

MBBS (KEMU) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) , MRCS (UK) , MCEM (UK), FCPS (Pak) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) (UK) | Lahore

review-stars

211 Positive Reviews

Asalam o aliqum. You need to consult a surgeon to assess the swelling in your tummy area and stools further. Book an appointment with me. Regards.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories