Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Depression

person-avatar

Asking for Sister, Female, 35 years old, Lahore

Hi. My sister-in-law has had a troubled marriage of 10 years. Husband re-married and she has now left him and living with us. She also has 3 kids living with father. She doesn’t talk much. Doesn’t share her thoughts at all. Keeps herself mostly in her room and usually intake her food separately. Can be very aggressive; even with parents. This has been going on for months now. We have tried a psychiatrist and she had some meds for a while. She is now resisting on going to any doctor at all. How do we make her see someone? As she doesn’t talk to family, I think she might need to get in touch with a psychologist. Please recommend someone with good experience, preferably female.

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Naeem Aftab

Asst. Prof. Dr. Naeem Aftab - Psychiatrist

MBBS, Diplomate (American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology) | Lahore

review-stars

456 Positive Reviews

First try to build relationship with her .I think she feels family is also not on her side and also she seem depressed hoplwss helpless about her situation With time she may decide to see somebody for help.

Post Owner

We have definately tried what you are suggesting, but without any results. We are worried as we don't see any improvements in her. It is rather opposite.

6 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Sobia Ikram

Dr. Sobia Ikram - Psychologist

MS (Clinical and Counseling Psychology) , CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy), PhD Clinical Psychology, ICAP1 | Lahore

review-stars

32 Positive Reviews

On ThursYou may visit Global Hospital for appropriate diagnosis and
treatment.
For appointment call
042-32591427, 11

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment