mera uric acid berh gia hai.medicine lo to kam ho jata hai ager chor do to increase ho jata hai.jis ki waja sw mere feet me bohat pain hai.is there any permanent treatment for this.thx
BSc, MBBS(PB), FCPS(Medicine) | Riyadh
Can I know your uric acid level is?And which part of feet are you having
1 year ago
MRCP (UK), FRCP (LONDON), FRCP (Edinburgh), FACC (USA), FACP (USA), FASIM (USA) | Lahore
Aoa need to consult a competent physician for diet and drugs
MBBS,FCPS | Karachi
"If you reduce uric acid, at least in some patients, you may be able to
reduce blood pressure," said Dr. Daniel Feig, associate professor of
pediatrics-renal at BCM and chief of the pediatric hypertension clinics at
Texas Children's Hospital. "This could be one way people develop
hypertension and may allow us to develop new therapies." MayoClinic.com
also reports that high uric acid is often a precursor to high blood
Uric acid builds up when the body makes too much of it or fails to excrete
it. It is a waste product resulting from the metabolism of food. The level
of uric acid in your blood can become elevated if your body produces too
much or if it doesn't efficiently dispose of it. It is very important to
keep your diet in check to avoid food that increases the Uric Acid content
in the body.
Symptoms of uric acid
· Excruciating pain in the foot or big toe.
· Difficulty walking.
· Waking up from sleep due to foot pain.
· Occasionally feeling pain in the knee and ankle.
· Limited ability to move.
· Persistent itching around the big toe joint.
· Gritty accumulations of uric acid crystals called tophi that appear on
the joints near the elbows, knees, fingers and toes.
Diet Tips for High Uric Acid Patients
• Lower fat intake as excess fat reduces normal excretion of uric acid.
• Liberal fluid intake to keep the urine dilute.
• Restriction or elimination of alcohol.
What to avoid
• Shell fishes, red meat, minced meat, meat extracts, organ meats, fishes
(sardine, roe, makeral).
• Whole pulses (*masur, rajmah, chana, chole* etc.). Other dals are allowed.
• Vegetables and fruits - green peas, spinach, french beans, brinjal,
cauliflower, mushroom, chickoo, custard apple.
• Use less salt while cooking. Avoid adding salt while cooking rice or in
• Use adjuncts like tomato, vinegar, cocum, *amchur*, lime juice, curd,
pepper powder to make the food cooked with less salt palatable.
• Remove the salt shaker from the table.
• Avoid salted nuts/biscuits, *papads*, pickles, *chutneys*.
• Avoid excess consumption of processed and preserved foods; eg. Bakery
• Caution - Do not overdo on salt substitutes as that might cause an
1. Fresh cherries, strawberries, blueberries and other red-blue berries.
5. Vegetables including cabbage and parsley.
6. Foods high in bromelain (pineapple).
7. Foods high in vitamin C (red cabbage, red bell peppers, tangerines,
mandarins, oranges, potatoes)
8. Low-fat dairy products.
9. Complex carbohydrates (breads, cereals).
10. Chocolate, cocoa.
11. Coffee, tea.
Although Purines (organic compounds, which create uric acid breakdown in
the body) are found in vegetable sources, they don't cause the same amount
of uric acid buildup in the body that meat sources do. In fact, fresh
fruits and vegetables reduce acid levels in the body and it is often
advised to avoid red meats, organ meats and highly processed foods. Fresh
fruits and vegetables are encouraged so the patient can increase alkalinity
in the blood.
Therefore, rather than attempting to find foods that are free of purines
and uric acid, it’s important to know how to increase the body’s
alkalinity, which naturally reduces the body’s acidity. Fresh,
non-processed foods, such as fruits and vegetables, are the way to go.
MBBS,FCPS | Lahore
call on 042-32591427, 042-32591427, for advice
MBBS,FCPS | Gujranwala
Thanks for your query.
Please email me your history and all relevant investigations so that I can
guide your further.
MBBS | Lahore
Exercise regularly. Decrease meat and pulses intake.
MBBS, MRCGP | Karachi
Asa i will refer to u Dr Abid Shaikh at Taj consultant clinic Gulshan chorangi ramzan time 4 30 to 6 30 Cell # 042-32591427,
MBBS, MCPS, FCPS | Lahore
Avoid green vegetable .beef mutton. .come to me for further investigation .DR.QAIM DEEN FCPS .MCPS .MBBS consultant general and laparoscopic surgeon 2PM TO 4PM SURGIMED HOSPITAL LAHORE Zafar Ali road. 042-32591427, 042-32591427, 042-32591427,
MBBS, Masters (Diabetologist/Endocrinologist) | Karachi
DR FAISAL ILYAS
CONSULTANT DIABETOLOGIST/ENDOCRINOLOGIST(AGA KHAN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL EXPERIENCED)
Specialities:* Diabetes* Thyroid* Obesity* Cholesterol* Other Hormonal Issues
The Indus HospitalDaily Time 01:00 to 08:00 PM
Shamsi Hospital Mon, WedTime 8:30 to 10:00 PM
Kharadar General HospitalTue, ThursTime 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Taj Consultants Clinic, Gulshan e IqbalMon, Wed, Frid 10:00 AM to 12:00PMTue, Thu9:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Burhani Diagnostics, SadarTue, ThursTime 09:30 to 10:30 AM
For Details, Call042-32591427,
Your personal information will not be shared ever!.
Don't like going to a Hospital?