Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Gynecology

person-avatar

Asking for Sister, Female, 31 years old, Lahore

AOA, My sister 31, delivered her first Baby, weighing 2.8 kg (at the time of birth). She got a normal delivery, but was induced artificially. She got a vaginal cut by her doctor at the time of delivery. Its taking time to heal up, and i know it will take time. But i want to know, why it is a trend now a days to give a vaginal cut? Although baby was not too big/healthy, it was just 2.8 kg. And i have seen so many cases of vaginal cut in my friends and family, while babies were not too big. Please guide me is it really a need?

Gynecologist in Multan - Dr. Major Saleha Batool Virk

Dr. Major Saleha Batool Virk - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Multan

review-stars

181 Positive Reviews

Ws, about your sister’s delivery, the right person to comment on why the cut was given, is her obstetrician. Every case is different and a cut isn’t required in every patient. She can apply fusidin on her cut to make it heal. Also sits bath will help.

Post Owner

Thank you for responding Dr. Saleha.. Actually her obstetrician says it was given because there are always chances of a natural tear, while baby's head is being delivered. And that tear can go back to the rectum, and that is troublesome. So we ourself give a cut for a safe delivery. But my point is, this is not a single case. I have seen "every" girl of my family getting this cut. As you said that cut isn’t required in every patient, i also had the same opinion. But i have not seen a single girl (from my family and friends) who have not gotten this cut. Is this something that Drs are now doing just as a routine?

5 years ago

General Physician in Multan - Dr. Fareeha Saleem

it depends on the position of baby n its presentig part at the time of delivery so a doctor doing the deivery better knows the situation at that moment

Post Owner

Thank you Dr. Fareeha Saleem

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories