Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Excessive Use Of Esso And Onset

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 27 years old, Karachi

It's ky 29 weeks, first pregnancy. I was the patient of hyperemesis gravidarum. I was suggested by my Gynaecologist to see Gastroenterologist to cope up the intense vomiting episodes in my 14 weeks. He gave me Esso 40 mg and Onset 8 mg BID for 14 days. But after 14 days, I again got severe vomitings. So, I started taking these 2 medicines again and took until my 24 weeks regularly without telling my Gynaecologist. Now, I am seriously afraid and terrified as to what harm it may have caused to my baby. What should I do now? Please guide me for the possible outcomes. Thank you. P. S. I am surely gonna discuss it with my Gynaecologist as well in my next appointment.

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear it would be better if u would send me detailed Gynae, medical, drug and surgical history.
-Esso is not first choice in pregnancy. Not too harm ful if taken not frequently.
-Medications having there side effects as well and if taken too frequently can be habit of it. Can give u allergic reactions, diarrhea, bone fractures and magnisium deficiency.
-have Complete treatment of any health issue u have or symptoms u get.
-recurrent vormitings needs investigations for electrolyte imbalance and need proper evaluation and treatment accordingly.
-better to have detailed Evaluation for baby and your blood tests as well.
-have Complete treatment of any health issue u have.
-have balanced diet, weight and Bmi.
-have strict hygeine, daily.
-strict check on baby's movements and if observe less need to report to treating doctor immediately.
-recurrent vormitings not only gives Electrolytes imbalance, lathargic, weakness to mothebut also poor growth to fetus.
-u can use cyclize 50 mgs 30 mins before food if feel vormitings and unable to eat but better have Evaluation now and get treatment accordingly.
-take Vit b1 and b6 as well to avoid side effects of vormitings.
-best of luck.

Post Owner

Thank you, Dr.

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist