Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Ankle Sprain

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 34 years old, Saudi Arabia

I have twisted my right ankle four weeks ago. I haven't had too much pain and swelling initially in first week but after four days i observed swelling on inner side of my ankle which used to go away with rest and come back during the day time. i have taken diclophenic (1 week) and Celebrax (1 week) but situation hasn't improved much. Honestly, i don't feel much difference either i take pain killers or not. I don't have unbearable pain but mild swelling and discomfort comes back with walking and day to day activities. I am attaching herewith reports of MRI and X Ray for ready reference. I have planned a trip with family on June 06 to Europe for 10 days in which i am expecting lot of brisk walk to catch the trains and to explore places. Tickets are confirmed already but i am still confused should i go on the trip or not? pain and swelling may aggravate during the trip, or injury may get worse?? Please review the MRI and X Ray report and advise the severity of sprain and how much more tim

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Dr. Sheikh Bakhtiyar

Dr. Sheikh Bakhtiyar - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, FMAS, PGDHM | Rawalpindi

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

After going through your reports I think you need a temporary ankle brace during walking and the swelling should subside on keeping your affected foot elevated during sitting and lying . Anti inflammatory medications may also be helpful in reducing swelling and associated pain. Ligament strains take some time to recover but during that period medications and use of braces and minimal weight bearing is the mainstay of treatment.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Karachi - Dr. Sateesh Pal Budhani

Dr. Sateesh Pal Budhani - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Karachi

review-stars

31 Positive Reviews

Well u have sprain of ligamement on inner side of ankle,which means ligament has sustainer injury but it is not torn
Mainstay of treatment is rest and antiinflmatory medications.
I suggest u wear a ankle lock brace, especialy at the time of work.
i have send pic of ankle lock brace.
U can go to your trip but do wear the ankle brace there and refrain from running,jumping sort of activities there
use local diclofenal gel over ankle where u have pain

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Tariq Sohail

Dr. Tariq Sohail - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS ,MSc (Orthopedic Surgery), Ph.D (Ortho) , FRCS (Ed) , FRCS, Fellowship | Lahore

review-stars

1417 Positive Reviews

Please consult  before ay concrete decision is carried out thanks

Orthopedic Surgeon in Mirpur - Dr. Ejaz Ali Chaudhry

Hi. DNT wry. Take the following medicine and u will b fine soon IA. Tblt deltacortil 5 mg initially one in the morning and one in the evening for 5 days. Than one daily for 5 days. Than half daily for 5 days. Than discontinue it. Tblt lornoxicam 8mg once daily for 5 days. Voltral gel apply three times a day. Also goe some icing over the area WTH ice pack. Hope it will work. 

Orthopedic Surgeon in Faisalabad - Dr. Usama Bin Saeed

Dr. Usama Bin Saeed - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , MD ( USA) , FCPS ( Orth) , FACS ( USA) , FICS Sports Surgery (USA) , FIOTA (USA) , POA Fellow Sports Arthroscopic Surgery & Joint Replacement UK , MRCPS (Glasgow) | Faisalabad

review-stars

416 Positive Reviews

It does require a clinical examination to figure out how painful it is for you to bear weight. However , Your report clearly says Deltoid Ligament has been damaged and the fact is , ligament healing takes a couple of weeks with proper rest and gradual rehabilitation , Physiotherapy to get back on track. Don,t rush, Use a walking brace to avoid full weight bearing, You do need a dual fusion sole of any good runner shoes that supports your arch as well during the trip you are planning head.On top, add an Anti inflammatory drug and Topical Analgesic Gel to smooth out your walk. Severe pain killers are not needed here. Get it checked before you take off to your vacation. Again, Ligaments need care, otherwise , they take longer than usual to heal. Wish you quick recovery!

Member of Marham-Forum

You need to stabilize the area; either by a brace or a crepe bandage (bandage will aid in healing, both stabilizing the joint as well as aiding recovery. In addition, provide wet heat to the affected area by keeping it dipped in hot water mixed with Himalayan salt, twice daily, bandage afterwards. Reduce walking as much as possible. In addition, use pine apple juice (if you can source it, fresh pine apple, not tinned). Juicing at least once a day, consume within two hours of extraction from machine.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Dr. Sajid Aslam Khawaja

Dr. Sajid Aslam Khawaja - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, MRCS (Ireland), Fellow of European Board of Orthopedic & Traumatology (EBOT), Diplomat in Navigated knee replacement (CAOS) UK, MSc Orthopedic (UK), Fellowship in Hip and Knee replacement (Glasgow, UK), Key skills course provider by Royal College of surgeons in Edinburgh | Rawalpindi

review-stars

296 Positive Reviews

Hi, ankle sprain always takes longer to heal. You shall avoid sports activities and keep elevated affected foot while sitting for around 6 weeks. Walk within pain limitation. However if things wont settle, you can get examined by Orhopaedic surgeob.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories