Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Femur Surgery

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 59 years old, Islamabad

Salam Respected Dr's, My mother had femur surgery in march first week which was not successful cause the nail screw near hip joint dislocated and then she was advised for second surgery which was performed by another dr. At the time of removal of rod she had puss and crp 250 so dr did not inserted any rod or plate. She was given skeletal traction support by inserting screw near knee. After three months of treatment with antibiotics and skeletal traction her traction was removed as per dr advise and dr was said not need any further surgery (for rod or plate) . Now she started some movement like standing with the help of walker and she can walk few steps. Her latest crp is 15 is fine and please tell after seeing her recent xray is she is recovering or recovered ? and she can walk fully without any further surgery ? she feel some pain to sometime so she should not walk now ? please tell. Thank you

Orthopedic Surgeon in Sargodha - Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi

Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , MCPS (Surgery) , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Sargodha

review-stars

180 Positive Reviews

I think the treatment undertaken in the presence of infection was adequate. After infection further surgery always has the risk of developing infection. If your patient is able to walk with limited disability and is pain free, I believe she does not need any further treatment but if she has significant disability or/and pain, another procedure should be considered.

Post Owner

thank you dr sir for your advice i have uploaded x ray i think the file size was big thats why here not showing. she can stand and walk few steps but not much after almost 4 months of second surgery

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Sargodha - Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi
Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , MCPS (Surgery) , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Sargodha | Book Appointment

review-stars 180 Positive Reviews

I think you should see your orthopedic surgeon who did the previous surgeries and get his opinion for further management first and based on that decide what course should be taken. If you need another opinion I would advise you to see someone you know

4 years ago

Post Owner

thank you sir. the dr said same she had infection so second surgery is not a good option and he said she can walk however now dr is out of country. i have uploaded x ray on this link can you see and tell she can walk like normal person or not with these xray

https://ibb.co/album/mh10ka

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Thanks for asking. how old is your mother and where she lives. please send me the x rays on my whatsApp number 042-32591427, to see. if possible u can whatsApp her record before i can give you any advice please

Post Owner

there is no mobile number (may be cause of forum policy) to send you xrays of my mother. she is 59 years old. could you please give me an email address to show you x ray ?

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abdullah Farooq Khan

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abdullah Farooq Khan - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, MS (Orthopaedic Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

176 Positive Reviews

Need to see patient with all x rays

Member of Marham-Forum

i have uploaded three x rays on image hosting website please see via below
link
two x rays of yesterday and one is from when nail screw dislocated before second surgery
https://ibb.co/album/mh10ka

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Tariq Sohail

Dr. Tariq Sohail - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS ,MSc (Orthopedic Surgery), Ph.D (Ortho) , FRCS (Ed) , FRCS, Fellowship | Lahore

review-stars

1417 Positive Reviews

Please bring your mom to have evaluated then correct advise can-be given 

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

193 Positive Reviews

i can't see the latest X-ray, after removal of screws and course of antibiotics.
crp is good, if her bones are in good health, reconstruction surgery can be performed but it will be a big decision. she is only 59years old and should get best chance at reconstruction.
need latest standing AP and Lateral X-rays of hip.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Dr. Sheikh Bakhtiyar

Dr. Sheikh Bakhtiyar - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, FMAS, PGDHM | Rawalpindi

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

I would be in a better condition to comment or give my opinion if you could share her latest x-rays with me . My WhatsApp is 042-32591427, 99

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories