Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on HEEL BACKSIDE PAIN

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 36 years old, Sharjah

Asslam-o-alikum last year my both foot surgery done in Multan of disease Plantar Facitichs now from last one week i am feeling pain swelling back side of heel right foot after two to three hours pain will start & when i will lay down on bed feeling pain when heel touch even mattress kindly help me now what is the disease cause treatment?

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq

Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq - Physiotherapist

DPT, BSPT, Foreign Trained in Rehabilitation | Islamabad

review-stars

101 Positive Reviews

complete evaluation is required before commenting, so contact your nearby physiotherapist or orthopedist,

Post Owner

Asslam-o-alikum Dr Sahab i visit the Dr he said better to see the Dr who did Operate of your both foot & this time its not possible .i was suffering PF pain for more than two years & suregrey done when nothing work even Exercise , Steroid Injection , Medicines all fail.
even now i am doing massage of my foot also doing some exercise using insole but all in vain pain still same at least tell me is it new disease or same PF return?

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

What surgery u had and what was the outcome please

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

194 Positive Reviews

plantar fascitis can come back again.
lot of treatment options... starting from shoe change, massage, physio, injections then surgery.
you should ask your surgeon, what was done in previous surgery. different operations are available for it.
continue other treatments for now.

Post Owner

Asslam-o-alikum Dear doctors
In past FF release surgery done of my both foot in City hospital Multan by Professor Dr Kamran sadeeqi.
before surgery all others treatment done here in Sharjah Like medicines , Shoes Change, Physiotherapy sessions,Different Exercise, Ice Massage , Steroid Injection both foot, even still now i am using Insole Dr Scholl brand.
After surgery 1 year i was OK no pain, was very happy but now from last couple of weeks i am feeling pain , Swelling backside of Heel but before surgery i was feeling pain only Bottom of Heel not backside.
Dear Dr Bilal please tell me now what is other pending treatment?
because in past done medicines , Exercises , Physiotherapy , Injections, shoes Change keeping Insole Ice Massage now whats more?
& please confirm me that is it PF or something else because i read on net that it is another disease like Achilles tendon .
kindly tell me what i have to do i am doing exercises doing massage taking pain killer &
anti inflammatory but all in vain.
suggest me best treatment please.

4 years ago

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 194 Positive Reviews

to confirm if this is PF or Achilles tendinitis, i need to see you and do some clinical tests.
sole of the foot has 16-17 muscles, and symptoms alone can not confirm exact diagnosis.
if this is recuurent PF, you need heel pads
calf stretching exercises
foot massage
you can have PRP injection
release of muscles in the calf to reduce pressure on forefoot
etc etc
PF is a difficult condition to treat and needs careful assessment and management.

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Asslam-o-alikum
Please tell me which type of test reports you need
i will try to do here & then send you reports

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 194 Positive Reviews

PF is diagnosed on clinical examination. if you suspect this is Achilles tendonitis, then MRI scan will help

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Imran Qadeer Dar

Dr. Imran Qadeer Dar - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FRCSEd (Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

25 Positive Reviews

It is extremely rare to perform surgery for planter fascitis. For now do xrays "Both calcaneus Lateral view" and post here. I want to be sure if it is only planter fascitis or you have some additional problem.
Secondly, if you may, then tell something about your job. Do you need to stand for long periods?

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Dr Imran asslam-o-alikum
My job is Lab Chemist.i have to do work in Lab not all time standing job you can say its normal job like others not too much standing.
i am feeling pain both foot when i will leave the bed or after doing some rest
right foot more pain backside of heel with little swelling & skin soft
after leaving the bed first some steps with pain later it will OK but when i will come to office then again pain will start after 3 to 4 Hours mean as my physically activity will start pain will also start.
i will try to get the X ray as you advise.
if anything else please tell.

Member of Marham-Forum

dear Doctors Asslam-o-alikum
please find some medical reports of my feet & now advise me what i have to do.
here ( Sharjah ) finally Dr diagnosed Heel Spur & Achilles Tendinitis

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories