Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Osteoarthritis

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 62 years old, Islamabad

Aoa My mother has knee joint problem for last 7-8 years and she have severe problems during walk , using stairs and moving Also she is a diabetes patient So I just wanted to know can we operate her knee joints for treatment With the age of 65 & diabetic patient ?? Please leave your useful comments

Thanks in advance :)

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

193 Positive Reviews

age is no restriction in surgery. we do it for 80years old.
she should be motivated for surgery and actively take part in post surgery rehab programme, then it's successful.

Member of Marham-Forum

She should have a full workup. If advanced OA of knee and HbA1c of 7 or lower and no major medical risks she should get benefit of joint replacement operation.

Member of Marham-Forum

I would highly recommend the patient to be checked up by a qualified chiropractor dr. In my experience over 80% patients with knee issues dont need surgery (unless the knee has been damged/subjected to local trauma).

Post Owner

Many thanks for your reply can you provide your more details please ???

4 years ago

My scope of practice includes issues related to musculoskeletal system including knees.

4 years ago

My scope of practice includes issues related to musculoskeletal system including knees. Further details can be found on the fb page please. Thanks

4 years ago

Chiropractor in Islamabad - Ms Shania Shafi

Ms Shania Shafi - Chiropractor

DC (Doctor of Chiropractor), Trainer (Neuromuscular & Deep Tissue) | Islamabad

review-stars

127 Positive Reviews

Ws
Show me the case physically and let me asses if it can get better with chiropractic treatment. Surgery is not a good option as she is diabetic and aged so healing will be slow , try conservative management .
Best regards
Dr shania shafi

Post Owner

Thank you for your reply , I appreciate that :)

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Dr. Sajid Aslam Khawaja

Dr. Sajid Aslam Khawaja - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, MRCS (Ireland), Fellow of European Board of Orthopedic & Traumatology (EBOT), Diplomat in Navigated knee replacement (CAOS) UK, MSc Orthopedic (UK), Fellowship in Hip and Knee replacement (Glasgow, UK), Key skills course provider by Royal College of surgeons in Edinburgh | Rawalpindi

review-stars

296 Positive Reviews

Hi, I do knee and hip replacement even in 80 years old patients depending how they look physically. I practice in Islamabad if you want to pay visit. Thanks

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories