Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Vallux Hagus

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 31 years old, Rawalpindi

Im suffering from vallux hagus. I have pain in toe joint of left foot now. I have attached the x ray of both feet. Some orthopedic plz guide me what to do in this condition to cure this problem? Wat is the reason of this problem? How can i overcome it? Is surgery mandatory?

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Farooq Azam Khan

Prof. Dr. Farooq Azam Khan - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS(orthopaedic) | Lahore

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

the intermetatarsal angle and metatarsophalangeal angles are at borderline. more importantly your first metatarsophalangeal joint seems to be involved with early arthritis. start wearing night hallux vagus splints and wide toe box shoes. With the splint we can delay the operative options but eventually you might need one.

Post Owner

Thank u sir. In fact i wore night splints for sometime but they didn't do any good.

5 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

193 Positive Reviews

looking at these X-rays, your problem is more of Arthritis in joint than halux valgus.
read about hallux rigidus.
so once your symptoms are severe and you ready for surgery, you will need arthrodesis rather than corrective surgery.
in the mean time wear stiff sole shoes or shoes with metatarsal bar.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Dr. Omer Kaleem

Dr. Omer Kaleem - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

Hello,
Hallux valgus deformity can be painful and cosmetically unpleasent. There are multiple causative factors for Hallux Valgus Deformity, the most common being shoe wear among females.
Your xrays show around 25 to 30 degree of deformity at metatarsophalyngeal joint.
Treatment consist of shoe wear modification with use of toe seperator or hallux valgus orthosis.
If conservative treatment fails then surgery is indicated.

Member of Marham-Forum

This condition is caused by an unstable pelvis. It takes years to develop. Surgery is not required in this case. Can be treated.

Post Owner

Thank u sir. Can it be treated with medicine?

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Will need to examine the pelvic floor and then make necessary adjustments to pelvis to relieve nerve pressure and eventually reverse the condition.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khaqan Jahangir Janjua

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khaqan Jahangir Janjua - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, Grading Deploma Surgery, FRCS, FIAS, FICS, Trauma Fellowship, MMed Sci (Trauma Surgery), CCD, ALTS, ALS, PALS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

Please visit www.poacc..com;ww.facebook.com/orthopaedics

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories