Depression Panic Attack

I have been diagnosed depression panic disorder from one neurologist in 2008 and prescribed me sertraline with alprazolam i was completely fine for one year then sertraline stopped to work then the same dr. prescribe me escitalopram but not effective for me. Flouxitine didn't do any thing for me. Then i visited the psychiatrist and he prescribed me every anti psychotic like risperidone, olanzapine and aripiprazole these medicine gave me some horrible panic attack and other side effect too. Then i visited another neurologist he gave me rivotril 0.5 mg for twice a day and he said to me you have some kind of seizures too he was also gave me the torate but gave me serious side effect. Rivotril just like a miracle drug for me from the last two years and the two doctors advised me you can take it as longer as you want. I also get some pressure on my brain whenever i use antidepressant for long term so the first one dr. prescribed me pregabalin which work absolutely fine and also reduce my re

dr-aneel-kumar-keswani-psychiatrist-karachi

MBBS,FCPS | Karachi

review-img 276 Positive Reviews

Welcome and thanks you for your concern, your have been treated by neurologist for a psychiatric issue and psychiatrist has advised you antipsychotics for panic anxiety and depression both are questionable and Rivotril is not a Miracle it is a benzodiazepines for short term use for anxiety or seep, it miracle because it gives you thick results, but medication would not change your way of thinking, it is important to reassess the condition and treatment should be reviewed that proper management could be commenced management would not only depend upon medication but counselling too which is important part of the treatment in psychiatric disorders specially anxiety and depression thanks

Patient

Post Owner

Thank you so much dr. for given me your valuable advice. I know dr. that benzodiazepine should not be used for more than one month. Actually dr. i am too much tired to visited many dr. again and again without much success. The only success which i gained pregabalin 75 mg for inner agitation and for anxiety sertraline 100 mg and revotril 0.5 mg. Some time i stopped revotril for more than 10 days. But whenever i stopped sertraline feels so much depressed and not wants to do anything my dr. advice me you can take it for the rest of your life and i feel great after used sertraline. Thank you once again.

Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani
Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS,FCPS | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-img 276 Positive Reviews

It is good that you have responded well on medication but you need psychotherapy session better to find a good psychotherapist for proper counselling thanks

3 days ago

Patient

Post Owner

Dr. thanks once again of your response. Dr. thyroxine is the main issue that i started revotril 0.5 mg because thyroxine gave me very severe panic and no one medicine stopped it except revotril before this i never used revotril for this very long term. Sertraline and escitalopram was given me drowsiness and sleepiness that's why dr. gave me the test of tsh and ft4 which was not in normal level. Two neuro dr. prescribed me clonatril the same formulation of revotril but whenever i used clonatril i was felt like super feeling i used clonatril for one year. Not finding the same effect of clonatril in revotril. Revotril calm me down and reduce the need of clonatril. May be i think the main culprit is the clonatril because i have taken revotril myself many years ago for 3 to 6 months and taken down it with success without any issue. But personally i don't like revotril. Please advice me dr. of your valuable suggestion. Thank you.

Card image cap

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online
Book Appointment
View All Categories (A-Z)