Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Pregnancy

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Jeddah

Hi doctor. "I'm in my 9th week of pregnancy, during early pregnancy i went to see gynae she prescribed folic acid, duphaston and mild anti-emetic. She said take folic acid regularly and dont worry about the other two just take them from pharmacy even if u dont want to have them (her response was apko vomiting nai ha koi masla ni h to b pharmacy se ly lo Insurance h na). I want to know is it necessary to take duphaston during early pregnancy?" I have no bleeding,spotting,vomiting or severe weakness. Sometimes i just feel dehydrated bcz of frequent urination so i try to stay hydrated.

General Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Qurat Ul Ain

Dr. Qurat Ul Ain - General Surgeon

MBBS, RMP, MS (General Surgeon) | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

just take folic acid, no need to take duphaston, or anyother

Post Owner

Thanks a lot dr. Allah bless u!

7 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Duphaston is advised to patient with previous history of abortions or
preterm labour.
If you are not having any history and current threatend abortion, no need
to take duphaston...
But final decision should be after proper visit and consultation.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shaheena Asif

Prof. Dr. Shaheena Asif - Gynecologist

MBBS. MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology), FRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

943 Positive Reviews

Just take folic acid
No need for any other tab
Shaheena asif

Aoa M rabia 27 years old I got pregnant last November 2016 (after 3rd month of my marriage) but after 8weeks of conception baby cardiac was absent Dr suggests for D&C on 2nd December 2016 .We started trying again in March 2017 I had read online so many stories about women saying how they were much more fertile after a D&C . I thought that I would be able to get pregnant again easily but the months passed and nothing happened. M extremely upset kindly suggest me any treatment

6 years ago

Aoa M rabia 27 years old I got pregnant last November 2016 (after 3rd month of my marriage) but after 8weeks of conception baby cardiac was absent Dr suggests for D&C on 2nd December 2016 .We started trying again in March 2017 I had read online so many stories about women saying how they were much more fertile after a D&C . I thought that I would be able to get pregnant again easily but the months passed and nothing happened. M extremely upset kindly suggest me any treatment

6 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories