Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Gestational Diabetes

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 32 years old, Lahore

I was prescribed Glucophage 500 mg twice a day to control my blood sugar levels which were significantly high in 28 weeks of twin pregnancy. I am constantly monitoring the levels. Today the fasting sugar levels were 94 and after one hour of three meals, they came out 100,154 and 94 respectively. My doctor asked me to continue the tablets. I trust her as she is dealing with my complicated pregnancy case wisely from the very beginning. But rightnow I m feeling headache and dizziness. I m afraid if my blood sugar levels might be getting low. please guide me that when should be the medicine stopped in such cases?

Diabetologist in Lahore - Dr. Qurban Hussain

Dr. Qurban Hussain - Diabetologist

MBBS, MRCP, FCPS (Internal Medicine), SCE Endocrinology and Diabetes (UK) | Lahore

review-stars

186 Positive Reviews

Normally glucophage doesn't cause significant hypoglycemia and control of blood sugar levels is very important to avoid fetal and mother complications.First check your blood sugar when you feel the symptoms, to confirm low blood sugar. In pregnancy there are other multiple causes to cause these symptoms.First confirm it these symptoms are not due to low blood sugar and then look for other causes.Dont stop medicine till delivery and post partum follow us with HBA1C levels.
your primary physician will guide you further.

Gastroenterologist in Rawalpindi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Asim Shahzad

Asst. Prof. Dr. Asim Shahzad - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Gstroentrology) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

164 Positive Reviews

1.Kindly get readibg of sugars at the time you feel dizzy and hypoglycemic.
You can easily download detailed signs and symptom record from google and check whether you have those.
keep some candies in pocket and use them in case of documented hypoglycemia.
Maintain a record of sugars including the fasting and 2HAFB reading and show in follow up after few days.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories