Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Tooth

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 4 years old, Karachi

My niece is 4 years old. She had pain in her tooth and when we consulted to doctor he recommended root canal since the cavity has now reached to her nerves. But i searched on Internet and i found that there are many side effects of root canal and she is very young. I am so confused what should i do? He has asked us to go to dow for this process, he told us k she will go through a process named gre or something jis me use unconscious kiya jaega is it not risky for a 4 year old?

Dentist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Behzad Salahuddin

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Behzad Salahuddin - Dentist

BDS, MSc (London), FICD (USA), CMT (Liverpool), C-Implant, C-Ortho | Lahore

if the patient is uncooperative, she will have to go under general anesthesia. if not, it can be done under local anesthesia. as for root canal treatment, there are no documented side effects. everything given on the web is not scientifically correct and acceptable.

Dentist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Agha Suhail

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Agha Suhail - Dentist

BDS, MCPS (Operative Dentistry) | Lahore

review-stars

34 Positive Reviews

We can not extract that milky tooth as it gives a good passage for permanent tooth .. hence need to save it .... and root canal has no side effects .. wonder which site you searched on internet .... the only treatment to save the tooth is root canal treatment ....

Member of Marham-Forum

Treatment of the tooth is necessary if the infection has reached pulp
(nerves) of the tooth. If the child can willingly undergo treatment or by
force in a clinic under local anesthesia then she will not need to be
unconscious. Otherwise general anesthesia is necessary

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Qudsia Ansari

Dr. Qudsia Ansari - Dentist

BDS, RDS | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

Hey worried mother, I understand your query. The problem with milky tooth and it's cavity is that our first preference is not to pull the tooth out, because that would affect the time period of the permanent one. So our first preference is to give the child painkillers and maintain the oral hygiene. If this isn't affective at all, then were left with the only option that is cleaning if the tooth surface left is sufficient and if not then we'll have to pull it out.

Secondly, your concern about general anesthesia (GA) We use this procedure only when the child isn't co-operative, but if the child is counselled we can treat by numbing the area with an injection. For further queries set up an appointment and we would be glad to help you out.

Regards

Member of Marham-Forum

The treatment of her tooth pain depends on the type of tooth..that is the
tooth is milky or permanent..to safe the tooth the treatment option is
pulpotomy and pulpectomy...i believe that she is 4 years old so she might
not have permanent teeth yet..so we have to protect and relief her pain for
sometime so that permanent teeth erupt...

Member of Marham-Forum

Unconscious sedation has alot of side effects..not just in children, genral
anesthesia has side effects on adults too.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dont worry..permanent tooth erupt after 6 years so dont worry..

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Danial Husain

Dr. Danial Husain - Dentist

BDS | Karachi

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

Yes usually children at this age are very un cooperative thats why general anesthetisia
Is preferred .

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Nadeem Chand

Dr. Nadeem Chand - Dentist

BDS, RDS, MCPS (Oral Surgery), FICCDE (Singapore) | Karachi

review-stars

85 Positive Reviews

At this age extraction is not the best option.but one option. Teeth can be save by rct on chairside only if pt is cooperative . Otherwise. Treatment can be done under general anesthesia. Now a Day its v safe procedure under good observation. No need of worry.

Member of Marham-Forum

Asslam o Alikum,
I myself is looking for a complete and durable dental Solution from Doctors (Dental Scaling, Root Planing & Tonsil Stone pull out) as well. So I need a good advice and Charges information as well from those Doctors who really care about not using the dental tolls twice (free of Germs) also available from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Thanx
Faisal Hamad
042-32591427, 06

Member of Marham-Forum

Asslam o Alikum,
I myself is looking for a complete and durable dental Solution from Doctors (Dental Scaling, Root Planing & Tonsil Stone pull out) as well. So I need a good advice and Charges information as well from those Doctors who really care about not using the dental tolls twice (free of Germs) also available from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Thanx
Faisal Hamad
042-32591427, 06

Member of Marham-Forum

this time my theet problam any dr

Dentist in Peshawar - Dr. Allana Pervez

Dr. Allana Pervez - Dentist

BDS | Peshawar

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

Rct has nothing to do with side effects if its done from a professional dentist. Infact it will relieve your niece pain as she is very young and her permanant tooth will start erupting at the age of 6 years till the age of 12 years. So in that case she needs to have her tooth safe so that her permanant tooth erupt smoothly. Else about unconsciousness we use it in case of uncoperative child.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories