Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Social Anxiety

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 21 years old, Karachi

I feel very uncomfortable around people and there is a constant fear that people are laughing at me. I feel embarrassed all the time. I'm living like this since 7-8 years. I've visited several psychiatrists/psychologists but none have provided the help I need.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1400 Positive Reviews

Social anxiety require psychotherapy sessions more than the medications and during this period patients. If patient is not improved then it is necessary for the psychiatrist or psychologist to identify the stressors in patients life and the patients behaviour of dealings with stress-full situations meanwhile cognitive behavioural therapy to identify the negative thoughts .

Post Owner

Thank you doc for your time. I totally agree that I really need a good psychologist than meds. I've always wanted someone to examine my issues seriously and guide me professionally to help me out. My parents don't think I've an illness, they always say its all in my head so I've always tried to get out of it on my own but I've failed so miserably that now I've lost hope. I'm visiting a psychiatrist since 6 years, taking meds, thinking one day I'd get rid of mental issues, and whenever I try to discuss my issues, he says I need prayers more than a psychologist and keeps prescribing the same med i.e fluoxetine(flux). I'd really like to visit you if you can provide me psychological help instead of prescribing different meds. I've lost my trust on any psychiatric meds now, and I only want treatment if it is to help me with my negative thinking patters, low self esteem, obbsessive thoughts and self hatred that causes me severe depression. I've symtoms of many other illnesses but I think social anxiety is the root cause.

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories