Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Diabetic, Hypertension

person-avatar

Asking For Mother, Female 45, bannu

My mother is diabetic patient since 14 years also suffering from hypertension, she is taking mixtard-30 insulin from also she is obessive overweight. from last one month she is taking concor , rusovastatin, ascard and losartan k with this medicine she feels belly pain and loose motion also now she suffer from pain with urine and urine not comes easily the urine problem is not for the first time it comes in 3or 4months and some time control with cifroflaxacin and some time abtibiotic injection like 2 sum. every month i do her ultrasound urea and creatine test. her creatinine is 0.9 in the range of 0.6-1.2 and blood urea is 40 . plz suggest me to prevent her from kidney disease and control her creatune blood urea level and every thing bcz i love my mother .

Diabetologist in Lahore - Dr. Qurban Hussain

Dr. Qurban Hussain - Diabetologist

MBBS, MRCP, FCPS (Internal Medicine), SCE Endocrinology and Diabetes (UK) | Lahore

review-stars

186 Positive Reviews

plz visit my clinic at Wilcare medical center Lahore 2-5pm
Asaaf Hospital johar town 7-10pm

Post Owner

sir i am from bannu i am away frm lahore cannot manage regular follow up there in lahore, plz get me good consultation here

5 years ago

Diabetologist in Lahore - Dr. Qurban Hussain
Dr. Qurban Hussain - Diabetologist

MBBS, MRCP, FCPS (Internal Medicine), SCE Endocrinology and Diabetes (UK) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 186 Positive Reviews

Dear this insulin is causing possibly hypoglycemia and weight gain.This needed be changed.plz what's app me I will guide you via what's app.search my image at Google search and find my number.

5 years ago

Post Owner

sir i didnot found ur contact number on google my email i.d waseemict@gmail.com
whatsapp i.d : 042-32591427,

5 years ago

Post Owner

no reponse sir qurban hussain my whatsapp i.d is 042-32591427,

5 years ago

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed

Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed - General Physician

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

hi
i am sorry to hear about your concerns about your mum.i don't think there is any situation of panic
your description highlights 3 issues
1/ poorly controlled diabetes
2/possible recurrent urinary tract infections
3/ adjustment of her medications
from given blood don't appear she has chronic kidney problems that are often a case in diabetics
she needs dietary advice to manage her wt though being on insulin it can be difficult
how regularly she is monitoring her blood sugars? because insulin regimen she is on is very regimental need taking food and snacks at regular intervals .if i have glucose diary which is a record of her blood glucose i can advise you about insulin dose regimen adjustment.
how good she is with her injection technique ? does she change sites? any swelling along the site of injections etc all need looking in
2/one question why she is not on oral antidiabetic medications like metformin, and GLIPTANS ? as the addition of them may reduce he insulin resistance and decrease insulin need .
3/ urinary symptoms like pain discomfort and bladder pain responding to antibiotics very suggestive of urinary tract infection is she is having many then why?
has she got kidney stones etc if ULTRASOUND IS normal she needs camera test of the bladder to ensure nothing else is causing
statins can cause belly pain but lose motions need looking into on its merits if this is long-standing more than 6 wks then it needs testing and investigations. There is no indication for to be on aspirin so she can stop aspirin
her renal functions are ok but she needs URINE ACR(albumin-creatinine ratio)
HB1Ac to look at the long-term glycemic profile.i am practising diabetologist in UK so don't have Pakistan no you can get in touch by
kashiahmad50@gmail.com
0r
00fourfour780ninesix1958 on whats app (I will soon start visiting consults in Lahore may be in few months )
regards

Dr Kashif Ahmad
MBBS, MRCP(UK)
MRCP(E), MRCGP(UK) FRSPH
CCT(UK), PGDip Diabetes(Wales)
PGDip(London)

Post Owner

Thanks Respected doctor i try to manage her sugar level also diet plan. at the end of every month i check her ultra sound which is normal, any how i will make a diary of her sugar monitoring also the test u suggested my whtsap i.d is 042-32591427, May Allah succeeded u in ur mission and get u respect happiness and success all the year ahead

5 years ago

Nephrologist in Lahore - Dr. Haroon Ayub

Dr. Haroon Ayub - Nephrologist

MBBS, MRCP (UK), FCPS | Lahore

review-stars

48 Positive Reviews

The kidneys are working fine. Losartan is for the protection of kidneys. Get urine C/S done and Ultrasound KUB with post residual volume. Retention of urine could be a cause of recurrent urine infection.

Member of Marham-Forum

you need to have an online appointment for detail history and detail examination. you can get yourself reviwed from you home.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories