Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Low Sodium Level

person-avatar

Asking for Father, Male, 62 years old, karachi

my father has blockage in his heart and rely onpacemaker but he was fine till last week.. on last monday he was at work and may be due to weather he got fever which was between 100 to 104.. we took all his test done through tabba hospital ecg pacemaker and all. everything good mashaa Allah only his sodium level is low and due to that he is very sleepy and lethargic. his current sodium level is 118 and we concerned 3 drs and all are saying to give salt and sugar water 5-6 times a day.. i need more opinion please

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Fahad Abid

Continue with given advise.. And repeat electrolytes after 1 day and share report
Aftere comparing Na levels.. We will decide further action

Post Owner

Thank you Drs. We followed advice given by our Drs and his levels on friday 127 Na 93 cl and urea 12.. they will check again on Monday... now our Dr suggested to take very little lahori salt I guess it's pink salt

5 years ago

Post Owner

Dr my father levels are still same 127 Na and 92 chloride and Dr checked amylase now which is also high 101 what should we do

5 years ago

General Physician in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mehrin Farooq

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mehrin Farooq - General Physician

MBBS, FCPS, MRACP | Lahore

review-stars

105 Positive Reviews

Low sodium ( hyponatremia) needs evaluation please get all serum electrolytes and serum urea so that osmolarity is assessed , please visit at clinic

Post Owner

Thank you Drs. We followed advice given by our Drs and his levels on friday 127 Na 93 cl and urea 12.. they will check again on Monday... now our Dr suggested to take very little lahori salt I guess it's pink salt

5 years ago

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Nasir Yaqoob

Sorry for getting back late,
Please feed him ors thrice a day sodium at this level is dangerous and
might cause seizures, increase salt intake and there is a drip called
hypertonic saline which is given slowly , but for that please visit a
nearby hospital for better consultation and treatment, repeat electrolytes
and creatinine

Post Owner

Thank you sir his level are normal now... But he has severe constipation Dr gave him risek for pain and mucaine too... But no laxative. He used enema once but didn't help much... what can he take for constipation

5 years ago

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Nasir Yaqoob
Dr. Nasir Yaqoob - General Practitioner

MBBS | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 2 Positive Reviews

well you should need proper history to address.
and drug history too.
syp duphalac 25ml just 2-3 table spoon mxed with one glass of water in the night

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories