Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Depression, Tension

person-avatar

Asking For Someone Else, Male, 13 years old, Hafizabad

Hi my younger brother is 13 years old. He takes too much tension about little things. He is outstanding in studies, he us sensible but his reaction to any problem is huge. Forexample if he is getting disturved in studies, he will not talk to any one, will kock himself in room and color his hands with ink, will throw ink on walls, will break glasses time to time... and when get normal says" oh I dont know what happened" we are really depressed about his behavior, we dont know how to deal with his temper and behaviour

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Zainab Javed

Dr. Zainab Javed - Psychologist

M.Sc, M.Phil, ADCP, PhD | Lahore

review-stars

149 Positive Reviews

This is something not normal , u need to take him to child psychologist asap.

Psychologist in Lahore - Ayesha Shahid Sheikh

Ayesha Shahid Sheikh - Psychologist

BS-Clinical Psychology, MS-Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

377 Positive Reviews

Hi.
The behavioral prpblems that the child is showing looks like depression and anger problem. However proper consultation will reveal the true nature of problem and will then help in determining the course of treatment.
I recommend you to take him to a psychologist so that proper check up can be made.
Regards

Post Owner

Kindly refer me a competent child psychologist in Lahore as I have seen usually doctors give antidepressents and so on...

6 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Ayesha Shahid Sheikh
Ayesha Shahid Sheikh - Psychologist

BS-Clinical Psychology, MS-Clinical Psychology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 377 Positive Reviews

Hi.
I understand your concern, however at times, the behavioral problems require medication but they are given with a great deal Of caution in case of children.
Though i recommend you to take him to a psychologist in this case as his problem might be dealt with therapy only.
There are a number of psychologist who are competent and work in Lahore, you can check the list on this forum. Or you can book an appointment with me by clicking on the book an appointment tag across my name.
Regards

6 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Amina Iftikhar Bhatti

Dr. Amina Iftikhar Bhatti - Psychologist

MS (Clinical And Counseling Psychology), Msc (Child Psychology) PHD Scholar | Lahore

review-stars

138 Positive Reviews

The case you are sharing seems to have anxiety and stress issues which
affect the performance and quality of life. You can schedule an appointment
for detail session.

Member of Marham-Forum

your brother seems to have some personality issues and over protection by
the family , attention seeking behaviour , he needs behaviour modifications

Post Owner

Thank you this is true that he is bieng over protected by the family as is he is the only son... and one more thing his all this abnormal actions are in front of parents only. At times when mother father is not at home he behaves perfectly normal.

6 years ago

YES IT IS DUE TO OVER PROTECTION AND SINCE HE IS ATTENTION SEEKING SO HE DOES IT IN FRONT OF PARENTS TO SEEK ATTENTION

6 years ago

Psychologist in Islamabad - Anum Farooq

Anum Farooq - Psychologist

BS (Hons) Clinical Psychology, MS (Clinical Psychology) | Islamabad

Dear MrHope you are doing well. Kindly take him to a psychologist, he needs therapy. Because in the longer run his problem might exacerbate.

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Nazish Idrees

Dr. Nazish Idrees - Psychologist

PhD Scholar in Clinical Psychology, MS (Clinical Psychology), Msc (HDFS), B.sc Dietetics,Diploma in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Diploma in Diet and Nutritional Advisor with distinction, Diploma in Family and Relationship Therapist | Lahore

Greetings,

Thank You for your question, I recommend you to seek therapy services for him asap for proper assessment and behavior modification If you need my services I will be happy to help.. You can contact 042-32591427, . Allow him to communicate and express his feelings and thoughts through form of expressions i.e. writing, art, singing, dancing, playing drama, anything that he can do to show himself out or his catharsis takes place. He also needs control over his actions and for that you need to provide him with toys and harmless aggressive tools that he might use to satisfy his inner impulses into beneficial ways and sublime the problematic output. A list of examples- Guns, swords, dummies to show aggression on, blowing and bursting balloons etc. Be creative as he is a teenager and prefer lots of pleasurable stimulation but healthy ones. The root cause I am feeling about is his loneliness and inability to properly express and get understood by others!

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Ambreen Iqbal

Dr. Ambreen Iqbal - Psychologist

MSc, M.phil, PhD | Lahore

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

Hi. He needs counselling. He has to visit my clinic at Lahore.
Hameedah memorial hosp Lahore in valancia. Pl get an appointment from there

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories