Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Utrine Fabroids

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 26, lahore

i have a large fabroids one of my dr recomand to remove it and another says if it is not distrubing u then leave it..as i dnt have any pain aur excess bleeding during periods.. do these fabroids make complicton in conceiving?? i also have pcos

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Summiya Manzoor

Dr. Summiya Manzoor - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gynecology/ Obstetrics) | Karachi

review-stars

222 Positive Reviews

Fibroids are benign tumors of uterus. They are present in 60-70% of otherwise healthy women. Mostly they remain silent and disappear by themselves as the age advances and periods stop (menopause).But in some cases they increase in size and cause heavy periods, problems in conceiving, miscarriages, and problems related due their large size and pressure on other organs. Surgery is the ultimate treatment of fibroids but whether to go for it or not depends on the site and size of fibroids and duration of infertility. For this you need to visit a competent gynecologist for detailed history and examination and a fresh ultrasound report. If the fibroids are small and away from the opening of uterine and cervix then there is no need to worry about as you are young and have time to try for pregnancy naturally. As far as PCOS are concerned they are a cause of decreased fertility by themselves and need medical assistance, evaluation, and hormonal profile test for maturation of eggs in ovary.
If you dont concieve even after ,one year of marriage better visit a gynecologist for a complete set of investigation.

Post Owner

according to my ultrasound report 6.7 ×6.5 cms myometrial fibroid along fundo positer uterine wall pushing endometrium anteriorly..
both ovaries shows central echogenic stroma and few immature follicles arranged at periphery suggestive of polycystic ovaries..

With this ultrasound report i got pregent but had a misscarriage of 24 weeks.. misscarriage is happened becauese my cervial length was funelling (U shaped) at internal os remaining cervix was only 1.7cms.
according to dr misscarriage is due cervix length and fibroids are not the cause of misscarriage.
But according to my researcha fibroids are one of the cause of misscarriages..
plzz just tel me did this misscarriage was due to fibroids??
should i go for surgery with size of fibroid??

6 years ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shaheena Asif

Prof. Dr. Shaheena Asif - Gynecologist

MBBS. MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology), FRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

945 Positive Reviews

If you are trying to concieve and you can not get pregnant
You may need surgery

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?