Hip Joint Dislocation

This question already posted. Now attach X-ray report latest I was injured in a road accident. Dislocation of right side Hip and right leg broken from 5 places down the knee. My operations done in a famous hospital in Lahore 5 months ago. Now I can stand and little walk with the help of sticks. Now My doctor says the Hip joint will take 2 years for joining. He also said if joint not join in 2 years then after 2 year we will replace it. I want to get opinion someone else orthopedic surgeon. Please help me what my doctor said is it right?

Post Comment
Doctor Photo

Hip is ok on Xray. May require joint replacement in future. Leg fracture is
united in somewhat less acceptable position but "guzara chaley ga".

Doctor Photo
Patient

Post Owner

Thanks doctor. It's mean Hip joint in not OK. Is it possible that joint will recover naturally? Or its necessary to change in future.

8 months ago

Doctor Photo

As I said, may require joint replacement. Can't predict when.

Doctor Photo

Assalam O Alyssum,
Respected patient, if this is the latest X-Ray, it is suggesting that you have very good chances of making good recovery. You hip joint have ample amount of cartilage and there is no sign of sickness of Hip. However if you want more investigation you can do basic blood and Tc99 total body skeletal scan. Now a days with advanced technology , you can perform CT scan with out scattering in the face of hardware in the tissue under observations.
Your fixation is optimum.
Sometimes, the lower leg takes longer time to heal as much as 12 months to heal. Be patient.
Finally do bone scan after one year of surgery, it will give pretty much estimation of the prognosis of the hip.
Wassalam
Dr M S Hijazi

Doctor Photo
Patient

Post Owner

Thanks alot doctor

8 months ago

Card image cap

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Some quick example text to build on the card title and make up the bulk of the card's content.

Consult Online