Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Plastic Surgeon on Reconstruction Of Breast After Breast Cancer

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 42 years old, Islamabad

I was diagnose of breast cancer in May 2015. Modified radical mastectomy in June 8 rounds of chemotherapy and 25 rounds of radiotherapy. Now want reconstruction but I have heard that in pakistan medical procedure are not advance in term of breast reconstruction. I was diagnose with stage 3a my breast can be conserved but I don't know my options at that time .my major concern is that if I choose pedicel or free flap I may get into another trouble as I may loose my abdominal strength and may get into other medical problems I need advice from your doctors kindly suggest me good plastic surgeon in pakistan LHR.khi.isl.thanks

Plastic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Abbas

Dr. Muhammad Abbas - Plastic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Plastic Surgery) , FEBOPRAS | Lahore

review-stars

74 Positive Reviews

Thanks for Consultation
I will advise pedicle TRAM or LD flap for breast reconstruction.TRAM is preferable as it will give good volume without need of putting fat or implant lateron,with TRAM she can get additional advantage of abdominoplasty,and abdominal wall morbidity is minimal,prequites are :she shouldnt be diabetic and should have laower abdominal skin redundancy
May Allah help you
Dr Muhammad Abbas

Plastic Surgeon in Karachi - Dr. Syed Adil Asif Zaidi

Dr. Syed Adil Asif Zaidi - Plastic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS | Karachi

review-stars

40 Positive Reviews

instead of going for autologous breast reconstruction why not consider getting an implant and for the nipple area get it tattoed or we can reconstruct the nipple using the overlying skin. This is way more safer and with little to no complication in your case as compared to a pedicle or free flap surgery.
#consultantsmedicalanddental

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories