Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Dementia Isssue

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 26 years old, Lahore

Hi Team,

Can you please send me the symptoms of dementia disease.

It looks like I am dementia patient. If it is confirmed then please tell me the treatment method.

Thanks in advance

Psychologist in Lahore - Ayesha Shahid Sheikh

Ayesha Shahid Sheikh - Psychologist

BS-Clinical Psychology, MS-Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

377 Positive Reviews

Dementia is neurological disorder that mostly occurs after 60years of age of a person.
Early onset is rare before 50.
Please explain the symptoms that you are facing so proper evaluation can be made.

Post Owner

Doctor please fins below few points which I am facing:
1. Short term memory( I even forget the names mentioned in the phone or meeting after call drop)
2. Over thinking ( I am always thinking something needless during namaz, ridding a bike or sitting alone like someone will kill me or my parents or I will be a billioner or I will the president of Pakistan etc)
3. Focus ( I can not focus on a single thing like work , Namaz or in a meeting, I always tried my best but all in vain )
4. Lack of multi threading ( I hardly focus on sigle thing for very short term and if any other event is happening then I could not focus on any event)

Please advice if it is required I can visit your clinic. Thanks

6 years ago

BS-Clinical Psychology, MS-Clinical Psychology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 377 Positive Reviews

Hi
These are the symptoms of anxiety. when a person is preoccupied with some thoughts they can forget mundane tasks. Overthinking leads on towards memory problem too.
you require counselling in order to control this repetitive thought onslought and cycle which causes these problems.
I recommend that you see a clinical psychologist to discuss your problem with them.
If you need sessions from me, you can go to my profile on MARHAM to book an appointment. I am located at Hameed Latif hospital.

6 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you so much for your guidance. I will surely contact to a psychologist depending on the free office hours.

BS-Clinical Psychology, MS-Clinical Psychology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 377 Positive Reviews

All the best

6 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment