Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro Physician on Mca Stroke

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 60 years old, Mianwali

Sir in last post having title of paralysis, u told me that my mother have MCA stroke. Sir i want to ask she will be treated with medicine or being operated? Any chances of recovery??? Mca stroke effect was minimal or severe?????

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear
No surgery
We have to evaluate patient to decide what can be done

Neuro Surgeon in Faisalabad - Dr. Muhammad Abdur Rehman

Dr. Muhammad Abdur Rehman - Neuro Surgeon

| MBBS | FCPS (Neuro Surgery) | MRCS | | Faisalabad

review-stars

56 Positive Reviews

if she is having ischemic stroke , she wuld be managed with medicines .. no need of surgery .. and regarding recovery , it ll take some time and no one can predict the exact duration , u shuld have to only focus her diet , physiotherapy and social support .. and apart from it mange her active medical issues like hypertension and diabetes 

Vascular Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman - Vascular Surgeon

MBBS (KEMU) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) , MRCS (UK) , MCEM (UK), FCPS (Pak) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) (UK) | Lahore

review-stars

212 Positive Reviews

Ischemic strokes doesnot need surgery.
but you should get her investigated for the reason of ischemic stroke.
being a vascular surgeon i deal with patients who have ischemic strokes due to blockade of carotid vessels, i do surgery to open up blocked vessels so that she doesnot get any further such strokes.
so my recommendation will be to get a duplex scan of her carotid vessels and get my opinion on the report.
regards.

Sir ICA and CCA of left side have decreased values of PSV and EDV due to which mild to severe stenosis has been evaluated by Carotid Doppler ultrasonography.

6 years ago

Vascular Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman - Vascular Surgeon

MBBS (KEMU) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) , MRCS (UK) , MCEM (UK), FCPS (Pak) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) (UK) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 212 Positive Reviews

That means she has blockade of her carotids. Pl email me her reports and see me in clinic in midcity for further evaulation soon, whether she will benefit from surgery or not. This is to remind you that if she does have severe stenosis as u mentioned then a major stroke can happen again soon. So get her sorted before actually if happens.
Regards
Dr R U
MIDCITY HOSP, LHR
EMAIL: drrashidusman@yahoo.com

6 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)