Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on Bile Duct Obstruction

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 70 years old, Lahore

My mother has had jaundice and bile duct obstruction.stent was placed a year ago and its been changed six months back. She has gone through all the tests ct scan etc biopsy was taken twice and the report was clear as there was no sign of malignancy. Dr said that there is tumor(guilty) causing the obstruction and it has to be removed by a surgeon. I want to ask how major this surgery would be? Cuz she is already suffering from excessive tiredness. She feels tired all thr time even when she is on bed all day. Dr said its because of the weakness.pls guide me about the risks of surgery and is there any other treatment?

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Fahad Aman Khan

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Fahad Aman Khan - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS, CHPE | Lahore

review-stars

168 Positive Reviews

I think Hepatobiliary Surgeon surgeon is the right Person to answer your Concerns....

Post Owner

Can you please recommend an experienced surgeon in lahore?

6 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Kindly see me
I need to study this case
What are CA19-9 levels?
Is brushing cytology taken earlier ?
Why stent placed ?
Who did ERCP and when ?
Levels of LFTs now ?
Is there amy weight loss or fever ?
Lots to discuss must visit with all previous labs and CT scans at farooq Hospital Lahore Allama iqbal town.

Post Owner

stent was placed cuz there was common bile duct stricture. There is no weight loss and no fever.she is also diabetic. Biopsy is taken twice and reports were ok as there was no sign of malignancy. Ercp is done 4 times. And her latest lft levels are fine except gamma which has increased to 200 but doctor said its ok.pls guide us when to go for surgery? Any other treatment for this? Any other way out?

6 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gastroenterologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories