Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Skin Darkening In Pregnancy

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 34 years old, Abbottabad

Hi.....i m 3rd time pregnant and alongwith having lot of weightgain my neck is turing jet black.like surma is spilled on it. I m very concerned. Anything i can do for it???face and hand also so dull.nothing is working on them too like rose water glycerine and lemon.mixture........... Secondly i want to.have.some procedurw for.my chin hair permanent removal.wat should i opt laser or electrolysis???or any other wayout

Member of Marham-Forum

Women experience a lot of pigmentation because of pregnancy. It's because of the change in hormones. Use a decent sunblock on face and neck. Once you've had your baby this will reduce.
As for hair removal. Electrolysis is more permanent. It's painful but permanent. Whereas laser is permanent hair reduction. It reduces hair growth but does not permanently remove entire hair.
You should see your trusted aesthetic dermatologist for further workup and details.
#TheSkinDoc

Member of Marham-Forum

The darkening is related to ypur pregnancy and weight gain.it is difficult but you should restrict the weight increase as it may lead to many other problems later.for now you can moisturize your skin better. The hair on your chin can be removed both by laser and electrolysis.laser requires fewer sittings and is quicker but more e pensive than electrolysis.

Dermatologist in Bahawalpur - Dr. Shagufta Akmal

No problem at all.. Its due to the effects of hormones.. Contact after
delivery

Post Owner

i hve delivered the baby.........now maam

6 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment