Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Gynae

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Lahore

I am about 19 weeks pregnant.about 3 weeks back i had a slight cough.i started going luke warm gargles and taking honey in morning later i started taking acefyl syrup for cough..my stomach also started to hurt so i took mucaine syrup 2 times a day for 2 days..however cough got worst while stomach got better so i had to visit a dr.. he stopped me from taking muccaine and acefyl and asked me to take mixel for 3 days.. it did no good to me except that my stomach ache got worst...i was unable to digest food properly.. then i went to my gynacologist and she asked me to take augmentin for 5 days and arinac forte for 3 days.. now the situation is that my cough is like 1 or 2 times a day only .. but whenever i cough i end up vomiting..and after vomiting my stomach hurts too bad.. at the moment i really dont know where to go what to do next... please help

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Rabia Wajid

Dr. Rabia Wajid - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

106 Positive Reviews

This cough is very common nowadays. You have now completed your antibiotic cover, taken honey, tried gargles and even tried syrup acefyl.
Now try steam inhalation,keep yourself warm and avoid thimgs that irritate your throat.
If these measures dont help you , contact me after 48 hours.

Member of Marham-Forum

Already doing all of them dr.. taking plain water steam, eating only plain rice or khichri with yogurt and green chutni..no kino no drinks nothing .. taking bananas and 3 dates daily.. and yes keeping myself warm too.. but augmentin makes me feel hot from inside still i wear velvet dress with inners... cant tolerate cold it makes my bones hurt ...
But i need to mention that i vomit only after cough if i have eaten anything before it, otherwise i burp like a giant male.. like everytime i cough it kind of makes my eyes and face go red and watery and i feel difficulty in breathing ..it kind of drenches my stomach and track... but it happens only once or twice a day ...

Write Comment

Attach Photo here:

Card image cap

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories