Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Dandruff

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 23 years old, Sialkot

I am suffering from acute dandruff. There is a spot in the middle of my head where there is layer of dandruff. I never get rid of dandruff from there no matter what i do. Moreover i have the problem of a layer of dandruff in my ears. Every time i clean it it gets back within some hours. And also on my eyelashes. Please guide me and suggest me any good medicine.

Member of Marham-Forum

hello,
it seems like it could a fungal element at the base of the dandruff.?
you need to see a dermatologist who may be able to suggest a shampoo and a cream to apply for sometime and see how you improve
there are many reasons for the head dandruff/.
irritated and oily skin, a condition also known as seborrheic dermatitis (a more severe form of dandruff) not shampooing enough, which causes skin cells to accumulate and create flakes and itching. yeast called malassezia, which aggravate your scalp and cause excess skin cell growth.

Dirty hair doesn't cause dandruff, but if you don't wash your hair often enough, the oily buildup can contribute to flakes. One way to tell the difference between dry scalp and flakes from dandruff is by their appearance. ... Both dryness and dandruff can make your scalp itch.
hope this helps thanks

Post Owner

Mam I am not much worried about dandruff in the head. But i am worried about dandruff in ears and on eye lashes as it is making my eye lashes to become less dense.

6 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories