Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Eye Surgeon on Glaucoma

person-avatar

Asking for Father, Female, 54 years old, Islamabad

My father had diabetes in which he has diagnosed glaucoma in both eyes in one eye he lost his vision and in other they said the sight is on end they have to perform surgery i live abroad i cant ask questions directly to his doctor i want u tell me about the surgery and what are the plus points how long will glaucoma be cured after surgery how many more surgries does he need i want to know everything

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Muhammad Arshad Mahmood

Prof. Dr. Muhammad Arshad Mahmood - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, DOMS., FCPS (Eye), MSc Medical Education | Lahore

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

Glaucoma surgery is to preserve the vision not to restore what is lost.

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Abdul Rauf

Dr. Abdul Rauf - Eye Surgeon

| MBBS | FCPS ( Ophthalmologist ) | | Lahore

review-stars

105 Positive Reviews

can you plz paste his reports here so that i may see his details
his vision at the moment and whats the status of retina behind and how much
eye pressure control
yes glaucoma if uncontrolled surgery is better option
and if surgery is good and pressure controled then only observation is
needed
and only remaining vision can b saved
so multiple issues
so cannot comment with seeing reports atleast

Member of Marham-Forum

His eye pressure is 60

Member of Marham-Forum

I will paste them here soon when i got them

Member of Marham-Forum

Sorry i was wrong he lost his vision in right eye not because of glaucoma but because of microcystic endema... is it reverseable???

Member of Marham-Forum

I cant paste them

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Huma Kayani

Prof. Dr. Huma Kayani - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, FRCS (UK), VR Fellowship (USA), CAAAM | Lahore

review-stars

976 Positive Reviews

Your dad at the moment has two ocular issues and both are chronic. Diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma. Both are vision affecting.
The diabetes is managed with medical laser and surgical depending on the severity.
Glaucoma is chronic and need medical and if ocular pressure not settling then surgery called trabeculectomy required.
It helps in reducing pressure but still patient requires regular follow up. It can require repeat surgery and even topical medication might still be needed. It helps lower eye pressure but the vision that is affected already is irreversibly loss and the vision left is the focus of the treatment.

Member of Marham-Forum

Thankyou for your humble opinion...I am so depressed about him today he is going through a glaucoma surgery.. i am sad to knw that this requires repeat surgery and all... can you please tell me what is the cost of surgery which they use to lower the pressure.. because we paid 1.50 lakh just to get rid of the pressure... why so just to loot the helpless people who are forced to have this surgery.. in abroad the doctors help people as much free as they can this is called humanity but in pakistan they are just insane...

Member of Marham-Forum

AoA, im 32 year old and currently i am suffering with gloucoma problem in both eyes i recognized this problem 4 month ago. I am regularly visiting to docter raza ali sha and he recomended me some test and after that he acknowledged that gloucoma has damaged very fastly to my eyes specially my right eye is almost 90 percent damaged. At the begning the presure of eyes was not in control but after treatment it was controled and pressure reduced at 14. Docter said next u will come after 3 months, because now ur eyes are recovers very fast. but after 3 months when visited the doctor again and he checked my eyes. My eyes pressure was again shoot on 21. so doctor is recomending me the surgery. I am afraid about surgery. So searched on google and got your name at the top of the list. Doctor could you pleaae help me out and suggest. What is better for me?????

Currently, im using cosopt drops twice a day alfaghan, megamox,fml thrice a day and xelaton use only at night but now doctor changed xelaton with lumingon and two tablets azm half in one time and nek only at night.

Please answer me as soon as possible. So i make visit to meet you for further discussion. Thank you .... Saeed Ahmed

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Diseases releated to Eye Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories