Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Need Help

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, .25 years old, Lahore

My 2.5 month old had stuffy nose,mild cough,sleepiness and reduced his milk intake to half. I took him to a paed he prescribed him antibiotic (calithromycin), turbutaline sulphate and a herbal extract. After giving these medicine my son has developed mild shaking of feet and hands. First question is why doc prescribed antibiotic in a viral infection. Secondly should i stop using turbutaline due to tremors or continue it for rest of 4 days. Doc wont be available for 2 more days so i am worried.

Member of Marham-Forum

Yes stop these medications
Just give Panadol drops and herbal extract along with nebulization
Took 3-4 days to settle

Pediatric Surgeon in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Naveed Haider

Asst. Prof. Dr. Naveed Haider - Pediatric Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (PAEDIATRIC SURGERY ), FACS (USA), Diploma In laparoscopic surgery (Germany) | Lahore

review-stars

160 Positive Reviews

Most of the times in viral infections there is high chance of getting super added bacterial infections thats why doctors usually prescribe antibiotics. You should stop turbutaline, no need at this age. Cant say anything with confidence without checking the baby. Nebulisation with hypertonic saline will helo reduce secretions, Before nebulisation you can instill normal saline drops in both nostrils one by one, it ll decrease nasal blockage and baby will feed properly and ll be able to sleep as well. Babies breathe from nose during feeding and if nose is blocked babies cant get feed thats why its most important to relive nasal blockage. But better is to consult any consultant.

Regards
Dr. Naveed Haider
Assistant Professor Children`s Hospital Lahore

Post Owner

Thank you sir for ur kind advise. I have stopped giving terbutaline since 2 days already. But tremors in his feet have not gone completely. Would u be kind enough to explain what possible effects an infant of 2.5 months can have from having 6 doses of britanyl syrup on his development and when tremors will completely be gone?

6 years ago

Pediatric Surgeon in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Syed Hasnain Abbas

Salam
I am a surgeon, but
Apparently baby has flu with nasal obstruction leads to sleeplessness,
irritability and poor feeding.
Better consult a good Pediatrician.
Normal saline drops in nose @ 2drop/2hrly and steaming should solve the
problem . If baby has fever then give Panadol drops.

Member of Marham-Forum

Better to give only steam inhalation and stop all medicines

Member of Marham-Forum

AOA.
SIR MARA BATA 15 DAYS KA HA R US KI OBDOMINAL SURGERY HOI HA STOOL PASS NA KARNY KI WAJA SY TO STOMA KIYA HA AB WO DOBARA KITNI DAR BAD CHOTI AANT KO RECONECT KARNAY GAY?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories