Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Residual Symptoms

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 26 years old, Lahore

I was diagnosed with depression in April, 2014. My depression has gone but I still suffer from residual symptoms of fatigue, poor concentration and poor memory according to my psychiatrist. I have already received CBT-based psychotherapy for 6months, 10mg/day of escitalopram for 3months, 60mg/day of Duloxetine for 3months and 120mg/day of ziprasidone in combination with 37.5mg/day of venlafaxine for 3months. For the last two months I have been taking 10mg/day of vortioxetine in combination with 30mg/day of aripiprazole. For the last four months I have also been taking 15mg/day of L-methylfolate. So far, my residual symptoms of poor concentration, poor memory and fatigue are still there. Because of them I have been unable to get a job for the last 3years. Please recommend some drugs that might work for me.

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Amin Hotiana

Dr. Usman Amin Hotiana - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psych) | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

Thank you for writing .I have noticed you have been ill for a while and has
been taking several combination of psychotropic medications. You also
mentioned receiving psychotherapy sessions.

Currently you are facing employment issues for three years. This must have
been a financial drain as well as emotional one. Dont lose hope.

My suggestion would be to stick to one psychiatrist and explore possible
solutions to your queries and an understanding to your illness. It takes
sometime to finally make sense of the bigger mess.

If you want we can certainly explore this journey.

Dr Usman Amin Hotiana
MBBS, FCPS (Psych)
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track)
Academic Department of Psychiatry & Behavioural Sciences
King Edward Medical University & Mayo Hospital

Member of Marham-Forum

You seem to have had a good trial of major classes of antidepressants along with CBT. imam curious as to when did you actually relapse and achieve partial remission. Assuming that you are otherwise fit and healthy from medical point of view, if I were you, I would ask my psychiatrist to consider optimising treatment. Best wishes.

Member of Marham-Forum

I achieved partial remission, quite late, in August Two-Thousand-and-Sixteen . I regrettably delayed therapy out of ignorance

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you Doctors for your support and advice.

Member of Marham-Forum

You have to come in person your ownself to my consultation office which is
situated at Omar Hospital opp. Kinnaird College for Women at Jail Road
Lahore. Timings in Ramzan 4pm to 6pm except Saturdays & Sundays.

Member of Marham-Forum

I am suffering from GAD from Feb 2016 at start I was given alp 0.25mg then increased 0.5mg for sleep... After 6 months I been adviced to reduce alp and used citanew 10mg for a year then now I am on colonzopam 0.5mg....things are going worse headache, tingling in every part of body.. Tense and worry all the time... My Physician want to start again escitalpolarm can I switch immediately to escitalpolarm from colonzapam..... R some better advice.... Thnx

Yes you can switch from clonozepam to escitalopram without any problem but change the product of escitalopram citanew to neolexa 10 mg citanew is not same as neolexa and if you are using revotril from many days try to wean off slowly.

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories