Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Fatigue And Body Ache

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 28 years old, Islamabad

My problem is continuous fatigue and body aches. I have gone through multiple rounds of tests and initially vitamin D was low (8) and I was prescribed supplements. I have attached my latest reports below but my condition has not improved even a bit. Lower back, legs and shoulders ache day and night, I go to sleep tired and wake up even more tired. Moreover I have recently developed severe hairfall i.e I'm losing not strands but bunches of hair. Just a little history: I have IBS for the past many years, cervical spondylosis was diagnosed a few years back but haven't had any major symptoms sine completing a course of treatment and I develop a cyst or two in ovaries every now and then. Kindly assist with what further test can be done to identify the underlying problem and what further treatment should be advised.

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed

Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed - General Physician

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

HI
Being tired all the time is a difficult and challenging mystery for the most clinician.In vast majority of case, one is not able to pinpoint the cause.off course its important to look for any physical illness responsible to cause symptoms it is equally important to think out of box.All given tests are appropriate and normal .one basic test missing is HB1ac to rule out any diabetic element that can present in a similar way.if that is normal then we need to lok if ant emotional or mental health issues are not playing at background,stress anxiety and depression do present in similar way.lot of it is neither physical ailment not mental health issues are there its just one is pushing herself too hard and routine is exhaustive causing symptoms .so important to tell what you do how many children you have what is your daily routine.
some time just slowing down can help
regards
Dr Kashif I jaz Ahmad
Consultant family physician/Community diabetologist
MBBS, MRCP(UK),MRCGP(UK), FRSPH,CCT, PGDip (LONDON)

Member of Marham-Forum

Thanks for your time and response. Sure I'll go ahead and check for diabetes as well. In addition, currently I'm not really suffering from stress, anxiety or depression (I don't see any other symptoms and I'm generally contented with the quality of my life, but I have had in the past). Moreover my routine is not too tough right now. I work 9-6, not married and no major responsibilities at home that's why I'm more concerned. I am getting adequate sleep as well (6-8 hours a day). I had always been very active and energetic and that's why it's worrying me more and more.

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed

Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed - General Physician

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

well if all investigation normal and no clouding elements there vit d back to normal one need to think about Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
PLEASE ARRANGE B12 AND FOLATE AS WELL IF NOT ALREADY DONE

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories