Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Gender Dysphoria

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Faisalabad

I am facing same issue .i m a female but I m feeling n behaving like a boy from my childhood.I m 26 years old.i was doing software Engineering but due to depression I didn't complete it.we 3 bro n 4 sisters.Mujhe mere last doctor ne kaha k full get up girls jaisa kar lo usse behtar mehsos karo gi ap maine sub kar k dekh lia. Koi faida nhi hua mere depression anxiety insomnia aur suicide thoughts day by day barhti ja rahi hain.ab atni zada buri halat hai k main bat bat pe rone lag jati hon aur khud se Harmon therapy start karne ka sochti hon

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq

Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq - Psychiatrist

MBBS, DPM, MCPS (PSYCHIATRY), FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Lahore

review-stars

322 Positive Reviews

Gender dysphorea is a psychiatric disorder requiring detailed assessment. However your depression is the first thing to be treated. You need immediate psychiatric help

Post Owner

i already waist my 2 years with 2 Psychiatrist and 1 psycologist.now i just want anyone who can help me about my surgery

5 years ago

MBBS, DPM, MCPS (PSYCHIATRY), FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 322 Positive Reviews

I can understand the feeling you have
But every psychiatrist or doctor have to follow the international guidelines which includes
Confirmation of diagnosis
Addressing immediate serious problem of depression so that immediate threat to life can be managed and moreover to make you able to follow complex treatment regmin which includes
Agreeing the goal of treatment
2 to 4 year psychotherapy
Real life test to make you able to adjust in new role
Hormonal therapy with care of side effects
Surgery
Rehabilitation in new role

5 years ago

Post Owner

so should i go for a real life test and change my full get up and try to behave like a boy

5 years ago

MBBS, DPM, MCPS (PSYCHIATRY), FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 322 Positive Reviews

You cannot do these steps on your own . Stick to any one psychiatrist follow his advice. This is legal and medical requirement if you want to go under surgery at some stage. Hormonal therapy is a risky task. Don't use on your own.

5 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1406 Positive Reviews

I can understand the suffering you are facing but every problem has solution, you need to get proper psychological assessment for proper diagnosis then treatment plan would be decided

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you very much for consulting you . I am afraid so your case is quite
complicated and requires intensive psychiatric treatment & psychological
therapy therefore you have to come in person for a complete examination &
check up and possible hospital admission.

Member of Marham-Forum

Thanks for considering this platforum, as a professional can understand your sufferings. The very first thing, scientifically speaking do not feel blamed its not your fault but some thing you naturally acquired. As far as the management in this case is concerned, it requires a detaied assessment icluding all the Biological and Psychosocial dynamics in your life.

Post Owner

give me any suggestion i really want to get rid from this and i want to go for surgery

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Yes can understand, i will suggest that you must cosult a psychiatrist at your area.

Post Owner

i mentioned already doctors didn't understand.

5 years ago

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Amin Hotiana

Dr. Usman Amin Hotiana - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psych) | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

I think its a delicate matter , don’t use any medication in your own. You are in Faislabad have a meeting with Prof Imtiaz Dogar . He is an expert and will guide you.

Let me know how it goes . In anyway there are lot of ways this issue can be handed but each step should be taken carefully not in haste.

ReMember you are not alone in this boat.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories