Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Ent Surgeon on Nasal Polyps

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 25 years old, Karachi

I had nasal polyps diagnosed in late december 2015 which lead me to immediate FESS in jan 2016 due to doubt of having fungal infection, although the biopsy results showed no traces of fungus but the surgeon was sure that there was fungus and he prescribed 6 weeks anti fungal course too after surgery. I had steroids course too right after the surgery for about 2.5 months. Even then The polyps recurred just after 5 months of surgery and the doctor again prescribed steroids. Since then i almost had steroid course 4-5 times every year. This only gives temporary relief. Due to side effects of steroids i have gained too much abnormal weight developed double chin and buffalo hump at the back, acne on face and extreme effects on my bones... Due to all these i am loosing my self confidence at a young age of 25 and getting disappointed day by day with this medical condition. Is there any cure for it or i have to live with these steroids for the rest of my life?? Plss help

Ent Surgeon in Karachi - Dr. Talha Ahmed Qureshi

Dr. Talha Ahmed Qureshi - Ent Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Oto Rhino Laryngology) | Karachi

review-stars

89 Positive Reviews

Dear
First of all, I understand it is hampering your quality of life and confidence but chill your are suffering from a benign disease that will not kill you:)
So i assume that you had allergic fungal sinusitis in 2016 on clinical judgement of surgeon and you underwent fess,there is a possibility of fungus not showing on biopsy but antifungal therapy after surgery without definite evidence of only a particular type of fungus is not recommended and it has side effects.
I understand due to nature of disease it always has possibility of recurrence but it is very unlikely to come in immediate 5 months if disease is adequately removed.
So what to now?..I suggest repeat a ct scan paranasal sinus without contrast and visit,onseeing latest images and examination could you be adequately guided
Regards
Dr Talha Ahmed Qureshi
FCPS(AKUH),DOHNS(IRELAND)

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories