Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Psychiatry

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 32 years old, lahore

i have been taking psychiatric treatmeant since more than three months. in my last few days ago appointment doctor stopped arcelian tablet. Right after that depression hit me worse than before. i was like back to zero. I called doctor, he said i give syrup trimetabol in place of this medicine and instructed me to continue the prescribed medicine. Now he is out of country and not available and my condition was going backwards. All improvement went in vain. My question is this withdrawal symptoms or because stopping medicine all of a sudden? other medicines i am taking is 1. Naze( 1mg morning 1 mg night) 2. Merzatip(1 & half ) at night 3. Surbex Z 4. Trimetabol syrup

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1406 Positive Reviews

Thanks for your concern, see Arcalion is synthetic derivative of Thiamine (B1) to treat fatigue, it is not anti depressant medication , and Nazish is clonazipam it is a benzodiazepine , triametabol and survey Z are multivitamin and the other one I can not understand I think it is mirtazep which is antidepressant but it come in 1g and 30 mg ,I think you need expert psychiatric opinion for reassessment thanks

Post Owner

yes sir its mirtazep 15 mg ( 1& half at night) as i have developed insomnia too.
All other multivitamins are prescribed because i complained about weakness and fatigue.
thanks for your clarification sir as i thought arcalian is a mood booster thats why i am feeling this.

5 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1406 Positive Reviews

mirtazep available in 15mg and 30, sorry for the spelling error, but mirtazep 15mg is not sufficient to treat depression, and it is not suitable choice for monotherapy for the treatment of depression, you may need SSRI after assessment and considering your weakness and response on multivitamins means you have true weakness you need to go for baseline lab investigation to find out the reason for weakness like CBC, LFT, Thyroid function test, Vit: D3 level, Serum B12 level, and Serum Calcium level and meanwhile visit a psychiatrist for proper psychiatric assessment thanks

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories