Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on Thyroid

person-avatar

Asking for Sister, Female, 23 years old, Lahore

Assalam.o.Alaikum Dr I want to ask that whether Thyroid is 100% treatable? Because my sister is undertreatment for thyroid for more than 1 year. And some doc says that she has to take medicine for a lifetime (they are just decreasing or increasing med dosage in every visit after seeing the fresh test reports). And she sometimes has leg pain & weakness and Dr also said that she is having some hormonal problem as well. She is going to get married in Nov this year. Please guide me what should we do? & how we should get her treated? So she can recover fully after getting treated in the right direction.

Vascular Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman - Vascular Surgeon

MBBS (KEMU) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) , MRCS (UK) , MCEM (UK), FCPS (Pak) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) (UK) | Lahore

review-stars

212 Positive Reviews

waliqum salam.
Thank u for yr inquiry.
Thyroid diseases have a wide range. some need medication for short term. n some even life long. some are corrected by surgery and other treatments also
since you have not mentioned the type of thyroid disorder. its difficult to give proper advice.
best is to consult in person with the patient with all the relevant investigations done so far.
regards

Endocrinologist in Abbottabad - Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MRCP (UK) | Abbottabad

review-stars

79 Positive Reviews

Hi Good day please watch my YouTube video on hypothyroidism if you are interested to get more information about your disease. https://youtu.be/fQCytoNEIWE. Thanks

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories