Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Sleep Fearing

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 23, Rawalpindi

Hi I have been facing very strange issue from more than a month during my sleep.

In my sleep, it feels like someone is watching me and is standing right in front of my window. I don't know if i am awake or sleep but when i feel that , i start screaming and saying one line "please don't do this to " like i am asking them not to watch me. The location is same, right in front of windows, i feel someone standing there. and when i wake up, i close my windows. same thing, same line, same window, same fear every night and it is getting worse.

Member of Marham-Forum

Hello there,
Thanks for posting, how long its been happening for? and you are sleeping at this time? it sounds like a sleep terror ??
During a night-terror episode, the person will partially wake up screaming, moaning, or gasping for air. Most of the time, the subject cannot be completely awoken, nor comforted. It is difficult to wake up someone during a night terror, and if left alone, most will simply settle back to sleep without waking.
Parasomnias are disruptive sleep disorders that can occur during arousals from REM sleep or partial arousals from non-REM sleep. Parasomnias include nightmares, night terrors, sleepwalking, confusional arousals, and many others.
Treating any underlying condition. If the sleep terrors are associated with an underlying medical or mental health condition or another sleep disorder, such as obstructive sleep apnea, treatment is aimed at the underlying problem.
Addressing stress. ...
Anticipatory awakening. ...
Medications as well, you would benefit from the sleep studies as well as consulting a good doctor for the treatment and advice.
hope this helps.
thanks

Psychologist in Lahore - Ayesha Shahid Sheikh

Ayesha Shahid Sheikh - Psychologist

BS-Clinical Psychology, MS-Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

377 Positive Reviews

Hi. looks like you have developed a fear of some sort. it might be related to anxiety or any other underlying problem.
i suggest that you see a clinical psychologist for proper evaluation.
best regards

Member of Marham-Forum

Pray regularly, you must have ablution before sleep. recite 3 kul and ayatul qursi. stay strong. nothing will happen.
May Allah protect you.

Homeopath in Rawalpindi - Dr. Asma Mansoor

Dr. Asma Mansoor - Homeopath

DHMS , M.Phil. (Counseling Psychology) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

47 Positive Reviews

you should consult clinical psychologist as soon as possible for screening evaluation diagnosis and treatment planning.Yoy can book an appointment with me at asmansoor31@yahoo.com

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories