Which ingredient comes to your mind when you want younger looking and radiant skin? Yes, Vitamin E. It is a fat-soluble vitamin. Also known as alpha-tocopherol. Besides its many benefits for skin, it has several advantages towards delaying effects of aging and preventing diseases. Read on to know how can it benefit your general well being.
- Vitamin E slows the oxidation process. Also inhibits release of free radicals. These count as the main culprit behind inflammatory processes. Such as diabetes, heart problems, and cancer.
- It dilates blood vessels and hinders platelet clogging.
- This vitamin can also prevent and treat diabetes. It has proven benefits for allied complications of diabetes like eye and neural damage.
- Vitamin E can prevent overall cognitive decline. People suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, and Parkinson’s diseases can benefit from this.
- For women, it is helpful in the management of premenstrual cramps, painful periods and hot flashes.
- With their role in energy formation, these can help improve endurance, increase muscle strength and decrease muscular damage. You will find it favorite among people who strength train.
- This vitamin is famous for reversing aging effects on the skin including fine lines and wrinkles.
- For controlling hair loss due to chemotherapy vitamin E is beneficial.
- Asthma, respiratory diseases, and allergies respond well to vitamin E treatment.
- Sufficient intake of vitamin E can control cataract, macular degeneration and age-related effects on vision can be controlled.
- When co-administered with other antioxidants like niacin it can hinder cholesterol build up.
Sources of Vitamin E:
It’s not surprising if knowing all these amazing benefits you want to buy a vitamin E supplement instantly. But there are many natural sources of this vitamin. You can include these in your diet. These include:
- Whole grain foods
- Green leafy vegetables
- Vegetable oil
- Poultry and meat
- Low fat or fat-free dairy products
Deficiency of vitamin E is rare. Supplementation is required for preterm babies and in some genetic disorders. If you have any queries find and consult a good physician in the vicinity. Marham.pk is a convenient and novel way to approach doctors, book appointments, and get your questions answered online.
Latest posts by Sehrish (see all)
- An Incredibly Awesome Journey of Untwisting Two Brains - July 19, 2019
- Should You Consult a Sexologist? - July 18, 2019
- Dermatologist Versus Cosmetologist - July 17, 2019