Summer is here and so does never-ending sweating. Perspiration is very useful for our body to get rid of toxins from our body. It keeps our body temperature normal and skin refreshed.
But we can’t deny the fact that excess of everything is bad. At times excessive sweating can become irritating and can be an indicator of some underlying health issue such as obesity, diabetes, thyroid problem, menopause or gout.
The medical term for excessive sweating is Hyperhidrosis. This condition starts during adolescence; usually, a person feels excess sweating around feet, hands, face, and armpits. Even though it is not a life-threatening condition but a person might feel irritation and embarrassment.
Types of Hyperhidrosis:
Hyperhidrosis can be of two types:
Focal: In this condition, excessive sweating is limited to certain regions such as palm and soles.
Generalized: In this condition, the whole body sweats excessively.
Symptoms of Hyperhidrosis:
There are some common symptoms that indicate a person is experiencing Hyperhidrosis:
- Wet soles of the feet
- Moist palms
- The appearance of visible spots of sweating on clothes
- Body odor
- Irritation of skin- to fix your skin related problems book an appointment with the best skin specialist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan via marham.pk.
- Bacterial and fungal infections
Causes of Hyperhidrosis:
One needs to know its causes to identify whether it’s due to serious underlying condition or it’s not harmful. Some of the diseases and conditions that might be causing you to sweat excessively are listed below:
- Anxiety or Stress.
- Certain genes inherited-to find and consult a doctor who specializes in treatment and diagnosis of genetic disorders log on to marham.pk and find the best Geneticist in Lahore, Karachi or any other main city of Pakistan.
- Injured Spinal cord.
- Heart disease.
- Imbalance of thyroid gland-Hormonal imbalances is curable provided you are taking prescribed treatment as per recommendations of an endocrinologist. To find and consult with the best endocrinologist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan visit marham.pk.
- Failed respiratory system.
- Medicines especially antidepressants.
- High blood pressure.
In most cases it is harmless but if a person feels excessive sweating along with any of the above-mentioned symptoms, a doctor should be approached as soon as possible.
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018