You know evil may have many names but its effect remains the same as is in the case of diabetes. Juvenile diabetes, type 1 diabetes, and insulin-dependent diabetes are the different names of the one chronic disorder in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin. Insulin is a hormone which regulates the blood sugar level by transporting the blood glucose into the cells where it consumes to produce energy. When there is no insulin the sugar remains in the blood so blood sugar level enhanced. This condition may occur at any stage of life and can affect everyone with equal ease. It is such a horrifying enemy that may arise dozens of other complications including weak eyesight, blood circulation problem, defective wound healing heart disorder, kidney and brain damage. Type 1 diabetes in children is called Juvenile diabetes. Diabetologists are doctors with special education in the treatment and management of diabetes. Now you can book an appointment online with diabetologists in Islamabad to live a better life with this disease.
How Is It Indicated?
Juvenile diabetes shows following clear signs which may help to predict it;
- Increased thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination; even more frequent at the night
- Bed-wetting in children
- Sudden undesired weight loss
- Irritability and mood swings
- Fatigue and weakness
- Blurred vision
Why Does It Happen?
Unfortunately, the exact reason of juvenile diabetes is still behind the wall. Usually, this condition happens when immune cells of the body which are destined to fight against the invaders start destroying insulin-producing cells of the pancreas due to an autoimmune disorder. And why they do it? Researchers are still working to find the exact answer. But they think the following factors may be the reason:
- Genetic mutation
- Inherited from the parents
- Less physical activity
- Taking too many sugary foods
- Smoking or alcohol consumption
- Irregular sleep pattern
- Hormonal imbalance
- Exposure to virus
How To Fight Against It?
Despite active research on this disorder juvenile diabetes is still has no cure. When it comes once it remains with the person making him dependent on insulin intake. But it does not mean the battle is one-sided. Still, we have some corpse to fight against it. Healthy diet plans and lifestyle changes can help to manage juvenile diabetes. Here are some basic tips are listed which will help you to prevent or manage juvenile diabetes;
- Avoid the intake of sugary foods and drinks like carbohydrate energy drinks.
- Avoid intake of junk and processes food.
- Take high fiber and protein diet.
- Drink fresh and pure water as your basic beverage.
- Include natural foods like vegetables and fruits in your diet plan. For personalized diet plan according to your disease condition find and consult the best dietician/nutritionist in Lahore.
- Avoid overeating.
- Always eat small servings.
- Walk half an hour walk in morning and evening.
- Avoid sluggish behavior and live physically active.
- If your work requires sitting for long duration make sure to walk at least 5 minutes after 2 or 3 hours.
- Immediately quit smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Take regular sleep of 6 to 8 hours. Never skip sleep at night.
- Make it sure that you are not the victim of hormonal imbalance. In case of any hormonal abnormality, you can consult with endocrinologists in Lahore and get the issue resolved.
Diabetes is a disease you have to fight lifelong. Every day you have to keep up with the strategies and remedies to keep it under control. If your child is diabetic, you have to fight the disease and keep your child motivated at the same time. Remember with true guidance and courage you can overcome every disease and difficulty.
Few Most Popular Endocrinologists In Pakistan:
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018