Table of Content
Buttermilk is not the mixture of butter and milk, as the name suggests. Instead, it is the derivative of butter mixing process. It is the thin, non-fat liquid left behind after heaving butter out of traditional cream. It is similar to natural yogurt.
Most of the dairies immunize fresh pasteurized milk with cultures that are lactic acid bacteria, to make buttermilk. Buttermilk ranges from skimmed to low-fat, to no fat types just like yogurts and creams. Store-bought buttermilk is thicker and more acidic as compared to homemade buttermilk hence store-bought buttermilk is way better and used widely.
Health Benefits of Buttermilk:
- Buttermilk is a potent source of probiotics that helps in healthy, quick digestion.
- The water content in buttermilk is as high as 91-92%. Therefore, it is very effective in maintaining the water level of the body.
- Buttermilk is a very rich source of calcium. 1 cup of buttermilk provides 284 milligrams of calcium to the body. Do you want to know about some non-dairy sources of calcium?
- Buttermilk is a complete food. It contains all the macronutrients e.g water, calcium, minerals, vitamins, probiotics, essential carbs etc., which are essential for a balanced diet. To know more about a balanced diet and have a personalized plan book an appointment with the best nutritionist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
- It has the capability of washing down all kinds of spicy and acidic foods. It soothes the lining of stomach and intestines.
- All condiments added to buttermilk are extremely good digestive agents which relieve all kinds of stomach ailments.
- Contains a number of vital trace elements including magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and iron.
- Contains many vitamins including A, C and a number of vitamin B derivatives including thiamine and riboflavin.
- Decreases blood pressure in the body. If you are suffering from persistent high blood pressure booking an appointment with a cardiologist should be your first priority. Marham.pk is where you can find and consult with some of the best cardiologists from Karachi, Lahore and all other main cities of Pakistan.
- Lowers down cholesterol level.
- Helps to ease constipation.
- Riboflavin helps in detoxifying the body.
- Works for people who cannot tolerate and digest lactose.
- Makes body skeletal frame strong.
- Very effective against dehydration.
Including buttermilk or its usage can relieve people from the most common health problems such as high blood pressure and obesity that are known to be the foundations of all serious diseases. If you are not used to its taste, you can start with using it as an ingredient to make sauces, salads, curry, and gravy etc.
Buttermilk has an infinite number of health advantages such as detoxification, reducing obesity and body’s cholesterol level, preventing dehydration and constipation, etc. So, people should make a frequent use of buttermilk in their diet and food recipes.
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018
- 7 Genius Hacks To Learn Like A Pro! - September 11, 2018