Table of Content
The liver is a vital and second largest biological organ in the human body. It is involved in a very important biological function such as food processing. Fat is being developed as a result of this processing. This fat is either used as a source of energy for daily working or gets deposited especially in the abdominal area. The liver has some fat to perform its functions in a smooth way but when this fat increases in the amount it causes hindrance in the normal functioning of the liver.
Fatty liver disease is also known as hepatic steatosis and it is characterized by the excessive deposition of fat in the liver. As we know that the general build-up of liver contains fat and it is considered as a 5 to 10% of the whole liver’s weight. When this amount exceeds this percentage, it leads to this condition known as hepatic steatosis.
It is a common disease in various countries and 20 to 30% of people are affected by this disease from the whole population. According to sources, this disease can develop in every age but the people in the age of 40 to 60 years are considered more vulnerable to this disorder. Therefore one must get a proper evaluation of liver from time to time from the best liver specialist in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and other cities of Pakistan.
Obese patients and those who are suffering from type II diabetes mellitus are at more risk for this disease than the normal population. Because the deposition of excessive fat in the liver leads to the insulin resistance which becomes the ultimate cause of type II diabetes mellitus. This disorder can be treated by lifestyle modifications until it progresses to the worse stage. If the underlying cause of this disorder remains unrecognized then it can be very harmful to the liver.
Common Symptoms of Fatty Liver Disease:
Fatty liver disease usually does not have any symptoms when it is at an initial stage, hence, it is very difficult to be spotted by the patients. But it does have some symptoms which work as diagnostic markers and made it easy for physicians to diagnose.
Read Also: How Liver Fuels Diabetes and Obesity?
There are several common associated symptoms which can be used as diagnostic markers and these include;
- Liver inflammation that leads to the swelling of the abdomen and also known as ascites.
- Enlargement of blood vessels just under the surface of the skin.
- Enlargement of breasts is experienced in men patients of this disorder.
- Enlargement of the spleen is also observed.
- Redness of palms.
- Yellowing of the eyes as well as the skin which is commonly known as jaundice.
There are some symptoms which are really general and can be recognized by the patients as well. If you see any of these symptoms in yourself or anybody around you, it becomes necessary to get proper liver treatment. If you are looking for the best liver treatment in Islamabad click here to address these symptoms clearly in order to seek proper medical care.
These symptoms Include:
These symptoms can be observed at the initial stages and require proper treatment. If it is not treated well it can lead to severe conditions such as cirrhosis, liver transplant and liver failure, and its symptoms can include;
- Enlarged, fluid-filled abdomen commonly known as ascites
- Yellowing of eyes and skin which is generally known as jaundice
- A tendency to bleed more easily
Few Most Popular Oncologist:
Latest posts by Sehar Mangat (see all)
- ACL Injury and Its Arthroscopic Treatment-No Stitches Involved - November 7, 2017
- PRP Treatment for Several Injuries – Joint Pain, Back Pain and Sports Injuries - November 6, 2017
- 4 Important Things To Consider Before Hysterectomy - November 5, 2017