The burn is that medical injury which needs immediate action to reduce the danger. Most of the times little incident turn into a dangerous one just because of negligence or unawareness. Here we are to help you. Following tips will help you to overcome burning and related hazards.
Fire can make you nervous but you need to keep calm, be strong headed and immediately try to stop the fire. It will reduce the damage and can save a life. To reduce the damage you should do following things quickly;
- Try to put out the fire or stop the person’s contact with hot liquid, steam, or other damaging material.
- Help the person “stop, drop, and roll” strategy to smother flames.
- Immediately remove all smoldering material from the person.
- Remove hot or burned clothes. If clothing sticks to the skin, cut it.
- Take off jewelry, belts, and tight clothing. Burns can swell quickly.
- Burns may result into lifetime scars on the skin but to reduce your stress you can find and consult with the top skin specialists in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities of Pakistan as well and get to know if surgery can help you in getting rid of this.
Protect The Burn:
Immediately after getting control of the situation, do not relax. Now you have to do more vital work, you have to protect the burn. Following things are needed in this regard;
- Hold burned skin under cool, not cold running water.
- Use compresses if running water isn’t available.
- Don’t apply ice. It can lower body temperature and leads to pain and damage.
- Don’t break blisters.
- Don’t apply butter or ointments, which can cause infection.
- Cover the damaged area with a sterile, non-adhesive bandage or clean cloth.
- Give over-the-counter pain reliever
Time to See a Doctor:
If burning caused only little superficial skin damage then you can skip medical treatment but if the situation is grave or at some later stage you notice some serious skin damage signs immediately go to a doctor. To find and consult with the top dermatologist in Islamabad, Lahore you can take help from Marham.pk. Following things are a clear call to consult a medical professional;
- Signs of infection, like increased pain, redness, swelling, fever, or oozing.
- Burn blister is larger than two inches or oozes.
- Redness and pain last more than a few hours.
Try to help, if you find someone in such a trouble, with your best efforts but only when you know the correct way to help. Do never neglect the need to visit a hospital.
Few Most Popular Dermatologists:
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018