Uric acid is a chemical naturally produced in the body as a result of the breakdown of specific food items. It is normally excreted in urine to avoid its accumulation. But sometimes uric acid accumulates in the body due to decreased excretion or high intake of uric acid rich foods. Whatever the reason, a high level of uric acid is dangerous for health. You can track a high uric acid level by following symptoms.
When the uric acid level rises up it settles into joints in crystal form and leads to gouty symptoms. Common joint symptoms of gout include the following:
Uric acid crystals won’t only settle in joints but also under the skin where it may begin to form lumps beneath the skin.
These painless lumps, called tophi, commonly formed on the fingers, toes, hands, and elbows. They may become swollen and tender. To find and consult with the best dermatologist in Lahore, Karachi and other main cities of Pakistan you can visit Marham.pk.
It is also a chance that crystals settle in the urinary tract and cause kidney stones. Kidney stones may cause symptoms such as pain in the back, abdomen or groin, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, and bloody urine. To treat kidney stones you can take help from the best nephrologist in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
How To Reduce High Uric Acid Level?
High uric acid is a serious medical issue and may lead to chronic joint problems, skin and kidney issues. But the good news is that you can control it by your own efforts. Just follow the following tips and regain normal uric acid levels.
- Increase water intake to flush off the uric acid formed in the body
- Reduce intakes of purine-rich food like red meat, mushrooms, baked products and fermented products.
- Increase high fiber food intake like fruits, vegetables, whole grains.
- Avoid the intake of caffeine and alcohol.
- Consume a good amount of vitamin C rich foods like Citrus fruits, bell peppers, cabbage, amla, and guava.
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Consuming apple cider vinegar.
If by all good efforts symptoms don’t vanish than its wise to visit medical professional before worsening of the situation.
Few Most Popular Rheumatologists In Pakistan:
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018