Table of Content
Coronary artery disease is the condition of narrowing or blockage in blood vessels. It develops when the plaque builds up in the blood vessels which supply blood, oxygen, and nutrient to the heart and hinders the normal supply of these vessels. This condition develops slowly and may lead to serious medical complications even the heart attack. Here, have a closer look at different aspects of this abnormality to keep yourself away from its black shadow. To find and consult a heart specialist/cardiologist in Lahore visit Marham.
As this abnormality builds up slowly so the person can diagnose it by its signs appearing on and off. Some major symptoms of this disorder include;
- Chest pain especially during hard physical activity
- Shortness of breath during exercise or physical activity
- The feeling of weakness or lowered stamina
It is believed that coronary artery disease may begin with damage or injury of the inner layer of a coronary artery and this damage may be caused by the following reasons;
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
See Also: 5 Best Endocrinologists In Karachi
The major causes are not known exactly but there are some other factors which enhance the risk of developing this abnormality:
- Growing older
- Being a male
- The menopause of the female, learn how to manage this hormonal change and book an appointment online with the endocrinologists in Rawalpindi.
- Family history
- Some medical conditions like diabetes
- Less physical activity and sedative lifestyle
- Smoking and alcoholism
Narrowing of main blood vessels not only hinders the normal blood flow but also leads to other medical complications like:
- Heart problem
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Heart attack
Nothing is more precious than your health and we all know that prevention is always better than cure. So add these preventive measures in your life to keep your heart continuing its work appropriately:
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Control conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes
- Say goodbye to sedative lifestyle and stay active
- Eat a low-fat and low-salt diet
- Eat healthy and fresh foods like fruits and vegetables
- Do exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Reduce and manage stress
If you, unfortunately, have developed coronary artery disease and facing all its related complications than you need to start the treatment immediately. Its treatment method based on prescription medication and basic lifestyle changes. If these strategies not work or patient consulted with the cardiologist at the later stage of the disorder and cardiologist feel that medication will not work then surgery will be the last hope. To consult heart specialist/cardiologist in Karachi log on to Marham-find a doctor.
The medicines which may help you to cure coronary artery disease may be following;
- Cholesterol-modifying medications.
- Beta blockers.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs).
Lifestyle changes which are often advised to get rid of coronary artery disease are the following:
Also, Read: 5 Things you Least Expected to be Contagious
- Quit smoking.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Exercise regularly.
- Lose excess weight.
- Reduce stress.
As the last retreat to cure coronary artery disease, the patient has to seek help from following surgical methods.
- Angioplasty and stent placement (percutaneous coronary revascularization).
- Coronary artery bypass surgery.
To stay healthy and safe from coronary artery disease and resultant complications it is mandatory to adopt good eating habits and an active lifestyle which includes exercising regularly for at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week.