Being a parent comes with the obligatory duty to have a strict look at kids. A little negligence of you may allow the dark world of drugs to engulf beautiful years of your child. If any of your beloved is suffering from addiction immediately help him by taking advice from your family physician. You can find family physicians in Islamabad, Karachi, and Lahore via Marham. Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi have been reported to have higher rates of drug addiction. Here we listed some major signs which can help you to identify the drug abuse in your getting adult child.
- Bloodshot eyes
- The smaller or larger size of the pupil
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Changes in appetite and sleep patterns.
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain without any apparent reason
- Seizures without a history of epilepsy.
- Deterioration in appearance and personal grooming.
- Impaired coordination.
- Injuries/accidents/bruises about which he is not aware of or does not explain.
- Unusual smells of breath, body, or clothing.
- Unusual shakes and tremors.
- Incoherent or slurred speech.
- Impaired or unstable coordination.
- Skipping class and declining grades or some other regular complaints from school or college.
- Drop in attendance and poor performance at work
- Loss of interest in extracurricular activities and previous hobbies
- Problem in memory
- Borrowing or stealing money.
- Acting isolated or engaging in some suspicious activities.
- Confronts with family members and siblings.
- Like drug-related things in music, clothing, and posters.
- Demanding more privacy and spent more time in locked doors.
- A sudden change in relationships and friends.
- Unexplained and totally confusing change in attitude.
- Sudden mood swings and irritability
- Angry outbursts or laughing at nothing.
- Periods of unusual hyperactivity or agitation.
- Lack of motivation
- Inability to focus
- Appears lethargic or “spaced out.”
- Fearful, withdrawn, anxious, or paranoid, without any apparent reason.
Recovering from a drug or alcohol addiction doesn’t only depend on a 6-week treatment program. It is a very challenging and lifelong process. Many people find ways to stay away by joining support groups. This is a very major factor that can help them stay clean. There are support groups specifically for teens and kids as well. The support groups help kids come across people who have gone through the same experiences. They’ll be able to participate in real-life discussions about drugs that they won’t hear in your school’s health class.
Many people find that helping others is also the best way to help themselves. Understanding of how difficult the recovery process can be will help the kids to support others who are battling with an addiction.
If your child experiences a relapse, try to recognise the problem as soon as possible. Get them the help right away so that your child doesn’t undo all the hard work you put into their initial recovery. And, if they do have a relapse, don’t ever be hesitant to help them all over again!
If you find these signs in your child, never curse or beat them it will not help. Treat him with care and consult a relevant doctor and you may need to consult a psychologist as well. To find the best psychologist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan visit Marham.pk.
Remember your children can only rely on you no matter what comes. So be patient and have faith. Things will work out for you and you will soon be having fun with your happy and healthy child again.
Few Most Popular Psychologists in Lahore:
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018