Bitter gourd, also known as Karela, is recognized for being one of the most bitter vegetables on the market, but it also has a long list of health advantages. Karela contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, including folate, zinc, iron, and magnesium, as well as vitamins B1, B2, B3, and C. It also contains a lot of calcium, potassium, and proteins. This is the primary cause for the consumption of bitter karela juice. Read below to know in depth about Karela Juice Benefits For Weight Loss.
Here are some ways in which Karela Juice aids Weight Loss:
- Karela is known for its ability to modulate insulin and aid in the control of blood sugar levels. It activates insulin and inhibits sugar from converting to fat, which means your body will produce less fat, resulting in weight loss.
- Karela has a low calorie, fat, and carbohydrate content. This lowers your fat, calorie, and carb intake, and you won’t gain any weight as a result. Karela provides just 34 calories per 100 grammes.
- Bitter gourd contains a lot of fibre that are beneficial to your health. A high-fiber diet also makes you feel fuller for longer, which minimizes cravings and keeps you from binge eating or overeating. It also has a significant amount of water, making it a highly healthy vegetable to eat.
- Karela is known to limit the production and expansion of fat cells, which helps you lose weight and stay in shape by reducing fat in your body.
How to make Karela Juice?
If you’re attempting to lose weight, karela juice can help you get rid of stubborn belly fat, and here’s how to make it:
- Take a bitter gourd and thoroughly wash it under cold running water. Cut each half into two long halves. Scrape the skin off with a standard vegetable peeler.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds and white meat from the vegetable. If the juice is too bitter for you, chop some fruits and vegetables and add them to your recipe. Honey can be used to enhance or sweeten the flavour.
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients until the juice is smooth and homogeneous. Remove the vegetable bits using a strainer.
It’s time to make your health drink. Aside from following a balanced diet and exercising regularly, drinking karela juice every day, ideally in the morning, can undoubtedly aid weight loss.
Other Karela Health Benefits
Because of its medicinal characteristics, bitter gourd juice is extensively used as a home treatment for a variety of maladies. Karela juice has a number of health benefits, including:
In Diabetics, lowers Blood Sugar Levels
Bitter gourd has a number of components that make it a good Ayurvedic diabetic treatment. However, the three primary chemicals in karela, Polypeptide-p, Vicine, and Charatin, are thought to have the most impact on diabetes control. In diabetics, drinking karela juice on a regular basis can help keep blood sugar levels from rising. It can also assist in the treatment of insulin resistance without the use of additional medications.
Can help prevent Cancer
Karela juice can help prevent cancer in rare cases. Bitter melon juice, according to a study published in the journal Carcinogenesis, inhibits pancreatic cancer cells’ capacity to metabolise glucose, lowering their energy supply and finally killing them. Another study published in the journal PubMed in February 2010 found that karela extract can effectively treat breast cancer.
Treat Asthma and Chronic Cough
Drinking karela juice can help to relieve a chronic cough and breathing problems by eliminating mucus that has built up in the lungs and respiratory tract. As a result, bitter gourd juice can be used to treat lung infections and asthma.
Drinking karela juice can help prevent premature ageing since it filters blood from within the system. Karela juice may also aid in the removal of small wrinkles on the skin’s upper surface. As a result, karela juice is a great detoxifier and skin cleanser.
Improves digestion Drinking karela juice, which is high in antioxidants, stimulates the synthesis of enzymes that aid digestion. It’s been hypothesised that combining honey and karela juice helps improve digestive function quickly. The dietary fibres in karela aid to maintain a healthy digestive system.
Once a day, a glass of fresh karela juice is thought to be very good for our health. It’s nutrient-dense and well worth the effort, but how does karela juice aid in weight loss? Is it true that it has an effect on your body and weight? Knowing the answers to these questions might help you decide whether or not to include karela in your weight-loss plan. To know more consult a dietician.
Consult with a Nutritionist to discuss more ways to do weight loss through drinking karela juice. Click here to book an appointment through the Marham app today!
Can’t Find The App
1. When should I drink karela juice for weight loss?
Drinking karela juice every day, ideally in the morning, in addition to following a good diet and exercise routine, can help you lose weight swiftly. Bitter gourd has a number of components that make it a good Ayurvedic diabetic treatment.
2. Does karela juice reduce belly fat?
Karela juice may have additional health benefits, including weight loss. In one trial, 42 people who were given 4.8 grammes of bitter melon extract daily shed considerable quantities of abdominal fat. They had shed an average of 0.5 inches (1.3 cm) from their waistlines after seven weeks.
3. Does karela juice reduce weight?
Karela juice stimulates insulin, which prevents sugar from being stored as fat in the body. All of this contributes to the weight-loss process. This green vegetable is exceptionally low in calories, making it an excellent weight-loss option. It has a low fat and carbohydrate content.