When we eat, our body naturally breakdowns food and body’s cells to produce Uric acid; A certain amount of Uric acid is beneficial for the body but an excess of it can cause a lot of problems. It can lead to serious ailments such as Heart diseases, Kidney failure, High blood pressure and Gout.
A major amount of the Uric acid is filtered out by the kidneys and discharged out of the body in the form of urine. Due to excess level of Uric acid in the blood, solid crystals are from within joints causing irresistible pain in the joints.
Sign and Symptoms of High Level of Uric Acid:
Let’s talk about Signs and Symptoms that can indicate the high level of Uric acid in the body:
- Severe Joint Pain:
A person feels pain, inflammation, and tenderness when an affected joint is touched. It usually affects the big toe of a person, however other affected regions could be heels, ankle, elbows, knees etc.
- Skin Problem:
Crystallized Uric acid often accumulates underneath the skin of a patient and it becomes tender and swollen. To fix your skin related issues book an appointment with the best skin specialist in Karachi, Lahore and get back to healthy and beautiful looking skin.
- Kidney Symptoms:
High level of Uric acid in the body is because kidneys are not excreting Uric acid quickly from the body. Due to this crystal of acid are formed creating stones in the kidney and urinary tract. Find and consult with the best nephrologist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk to get rid of problems related to kidney functioning.
- Other symptoms include pain in the abdomen, severe pain and pressure in the groin area, high fever, nausea and in extreme cases blood appears in the urine.
Causes of Uric acid Elevation:
- It can be genetically inherited
- Obesity or being overweight
- Diet rich in Purine such as meat, beans, mushrooms, etc
- Alcohol can cause it too
- Renal insufficiency
- Some medicines such as vitamins, water pills, and cancer drugs can cause it too
- Weak immune system
All of the above-mentioned reasons are the causes and signs of a high level of Uric acid present in the human body. High level of Uric acid can become chronic when not treated on time.
Once symptoms are diagnosed a patient is recommended to lose weight, eat fiber-rich fruits, increase water intake, and limit the use of fats and proteins. Bringing change in the lifestyle can help lower the level of Uric acid and a person can enjoy a healthy life once again.
Few Most Popular Nephrologists:
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018