We all know someone in our friends or family who was diagnosed with cancer and lost his or her life battling this disease. The earlier cancer can be diagnosed, the sooner its treatment can start and patients life can be saved. It is therefore important to know the most common cancers and their symptoms.
Many cancers don’t show symptoms in their early stages. You need to be aware of the changes that are happening in your body and to rule out any chances of cancer, you can consult with the best oncologist in Karachi or any other city of Pakistan via marham.pk.
Here are the five most common cancers and their symptoms:
1. Skin Cancer:
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer prevalent all around the world. It affects millions of people around the globe. It occurs as a result of a mutation in the skin cells which cause them to grow abnormally and ultimately develop cancer cells. There can be two types of skin cancers, basal cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma and their signs are as follows:
Signs and symptoms of basal cell carcinoma:
- Sores that never heal, or heal and then reappear again.
- Raised, scaly red patches on the skin.
- Pale, flat areas of skin that look just like scars.
- Sores or growths on the skin that bleed, itch, or have small blood vessels can also indicate skin cancer
Basal cell carcinoma is most likely to occur on your head, face, neck, and torso.
Signs and symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma:
- Wart-like growths on your skin.
- Sores that bleed easily, and don’t heal, or form a crust that doesn’t go away.
- Growths that are itchy, irritated, or painful can also indicate skin cancer.
If you notice any abnormal change in your skin, you should visit a qualified dermatologist. You can easily book an appointment with the best dermatologist in Lahore or any other city of Pakistan via marham.pk.
Breast Cancer is the most prevalent and frequently diagnosed cancer in Pakistan. In Asia, Pakistan has the highest number of breast cancer cases. It affects every 1 in 9 Pakistani women who become the patients of this terrible disease. However, nearly 90,000 breast cancer deaths can be avoided just by timely diagnosis and examination.
Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer:
- The most common sign is the origination of a new lump or mass in your breast, armpit, or around your collarbone. Mostly, lumps are painless, but some can be painful or tender. However, not all lumps are breast cancer and the only way to tell is to have your doctor check it. For the purpose, you can book an appointment with the best gynecologist in Lahore or any other city of Pakistan via marham.pk.
- Swelling in your breast can also be a symptom of breast cancer.
- Irritation, dimpling, thickening, redness, or scaliness of the skin on your breast can indicate breast cancer.
- If you have pain in your breast or nipple, it can also be a sign of breast cancer.
Lung cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in Pakistan. It is one of the leading causes of deaths in Pakistan and is prevalent especially in smokers. Nearly 90% of the lung cancer cases are as a result of smoking tobacco.
Signs and symptoms of lung cancer:
- A consistent cough that doesn’t go away and gets worse over time
- Coughing up with blood
- Wheezing or shortness of breath in the normal routine
- Constant chest pain can also be a sign of lung cancer.
- Hoarseness or other voice changes can indicate lung cancer
- If you face regular lung infections (like pneumonia or bronchitis), you might be exposed to lung cancer.
Lung cancer doesn’t usually show symptoms until it’s advanced. If you have any lung-related disease, you should see a pulmonologist regularly to eradicate any possible chances of lung cancer. You can easily book an appointment with the best pulmonologist in Karachi or any other city of Pakistan via marham.pk.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among the elderly especially in men who are above 55. It can spread from the prostate to other parts of the body, like to the bone and the lymph nodes, if it is not treated in the early stages.
Signs and symptoms of Prostate Cancer:
- Problems in urinating, such as trouble in starting or holding back urination
- Pain (which may feel like a burning sensation) during urination can indicate prostate cancer
- Facing trouble in getting or keeping an erection
- Blood in the urine or in ejaculation fluid is a sign of prostate cancer.
- Pressure or pain in your rectum indicates prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer signs may not appear usually for which you need to be in touch with a urologist if you have any prior history of urological issues. You can easily book an appointment with the best urologist in Lahore or any other city of Pakistan via marham.pk.
Colon and Rectal Cancers (Colorectal Cancers)
Colorectal cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer in Pakistan and affects a large population. It is the development of cancer in the colon or rectum which are parts of the large intestine.
Signs and symptoms of Colorectal Cancer:
- Losing weight even without trying can lead to colorectal cancer
- Weakness and exhaustion indicates this cancer
- Changes in your bowel systems (like constipation, diarrhea, or narrow stool) that lasts for more than a few days can also be a sign of colorectal cancer.
- Pain in your stomach or gut which also lasts for more than a few days.
- Pressure in your rectum or abdomen is also a common sign of colorectal cancer.
Cancer is the most severe and life-taking disease and we need to raise awareness about it. Share this information with others and help them.
Few Most Popular Oncologist:
Latest posts by Fahad Salman (see all)
- 6 Natural Ways That Can Help To Treat Depression During Pregnancy - December 12, 2018
- How To Protect Your Eyes From Mobile Screens – Dr. Waseem Iqbal Gives The Answer - December 12, 2018
- 5 Best Tips For Pregnancy Nutrition That Women Should Adopt - December 10, 2018