Probiotics are the living microorganisms mainly bacteria present in human guts but they are beneficial for humans or you can call them friendly bacteria. If you are suffering from any gastric abnormality you may find these prescribed to you. You can also find and consult the best stomach specialist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan via Marham. In markets, these are available in the form of food and supplements. You can use them as complementary supplements and medicine. But you need to remember few key points when you choose to buy these.
- They can be used to treat some illnesses.
- They support general health and wellness of humans.
- You need to be sure about their safety for your particular use and condition.
- You should know how to appropriately use these.
- You should consult your health specialist and ask him about the probiotics. So, you can use be sure about their safe use.
Side Effects of Probiotics:
Some of the possible side effects of probiotics are listed here:
- Along with unfriendly bacteria, they can also kill friendly bacteria’s in the gut.
- They are live bacteria so they need to be carefully monitored one cannot just take them without doctors’ advice.
- We are not certain if they are safe for us to use or not.
- It is advised to take it with caution especially elderly people, children and pregnant ladies as it can affect their immune system badly.
- It can increase one’s chances of getting sick; it can cause infections in the gut.
Probiotics are available in capsules, tablets and powder form and used to treat vaginal, stomach, skin and respiratory infections.
Foods Containing Probiotics:
Foods that contain probiotics are:
- Soy beverages
It is the ideal probiotic product as it has both bacteria and yeast and it provides a lot of health benefits to the humans.
Types of Probiotics:
Probiotics can be identified by their genes and species.
They are found in digestive, urinary and genital systems. They are used to treat a variety of diseases and conditions. These are used for medicinal purposes as well.
They are the healthy bacteria of the colon, they help in glucose tolerance and blood lipid. It is added to a number of processed foods especially baby foods.
There are varieties of supplements from which you can choose. A doctor can help you in deciding amount and type of probiotic beneficial for you. It is never advisable to take any supplement or medicine on your own as self-medication has serious health hazards.